Got class A approved but didnt get the card yet. Can I buy before getting the card?

qwerty53

Banned
Hi,
Got class A approved but didnt get the card yet. Can I buy before getting the card?
The officer gave me a sheet (application) with my picture and license number.
Can I buy this weekend?

Thanks.

Absolutely. In the unlikely event the gun shop clerk hassles you, tell him about this little thing called the Second Amendment.

Hi,
Can I buy this weekend?

Thanks.

Some shops will let you put something on layaway for pickup later, but you can't obtain a damned thing, not even a box of ammo, until you actually get your license and it is "activated" by the PD.

-Mike

Even if they already have his finger prints in the system when they scan it?

Tax free weekend is sooo tempting! Just pay for it this weekend and ask the shop if you could pick it up later ...

Congrats on the LTC.

What he gave you was a printout of the application, it is not an LTC. You must wait for the LTC (ID CARD) before you buy anything. You could still be denied up until you actually get the license, and once you get it you could be disqualified at any time if the police determine you are unsuitable for any reason. Mass is great! not.

Hi,
Can I buy this weekend?

Thanks.

Thank for all the guys who actually tried to answer my questions.
I called the police and few stores. The police said I can lay away and most of the stores did too (it's just the first store I called said no and I kinda went with that)

Thank for all the guys who actually tried to answer my questions.
I called the police and few stores. The police said I can lay away and most of the stores did too (it's just the first store I called said no and I kinda went with that)

That's great. I would just caution you, from my own experience, that the police often give terrible advice on gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom