• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOP governor scraps pro-Second Amendment portion of his website, calls on Congress to ‘wake up

Seems foolish to dismiss this kind of thing. GOP pols will turn as their donors turn, or if they see political openings in making common cause with the civilian disarmament lobby.

Kasich was never a GOP. He was further RINO than most RINO's.

“We should look at bump stocks that make weapons fully automatic. I was talking to a friend of mine this morning,” the governor said. “He’s a big collector. I said, ‘If all of a sudden, you couldn’t buy an AR-15, what would you lose? Would you feel as though your Second Amendment rights would be eroded because you couldn’t buy a God-darn AR-15?'”

So what did you do after your friend told you to go stuff yourself in your own a-hole, John???? You forgot that part of the story.

Seems foolish to dismiss this kind of thing. GOP pols will turn as their donors turn, or if they see political openings in making common cause with the civilian disarmament lobby.

Yeah, because everyone should shake in their boots because the guy who had no chance of getting nominated, does something to pander to the left. Maybe he's planning on
flipping to running as a democrat.

-Mike

This comes as the media has embarked on a PR offensive promoting getting something banned at the behest of the civilian disarmament lobby. They might not really know what "AR-15" means, but for the past few days they have been running with the idea of banning it alone for the most part as they air video of children marching with signs demanding gun prohibition talking points be codified into law. It would be foolish to think Democrats hiding behind children won't work against milquetoast Republicans, meaning just about all of them.

Not to be outdone by federal legislation, New York or California probably will lead the way on a complete or centerfire-only semi-auto ban. For the latter it perhaps it will be after Newsom's ascension to the governorship. This would give him significant star power for the Democratic ticket in 2024 or even as early as 2020. I could see Cuomo jumping on this right away, with Baker timidly watching in anticipation. The legal challenges would be badges of honor for them.

Same thing.

He should lead be example and start banning everything in his state. See how that fares for him.

He wants "commonsense"? Ok, copy and paste MGL C140 S122-131 and C269 S10 as a bill and present it to the people of Ohio. Or the CA equivalent. or the SAFE act. Then unilaterally ban all AR and AK pattern rifles bought from 9/13/94 to 9/13/04, and declare those that did so felons in waiting.

What a chump.

Not really. GOPer can't win being anti gun. Kasuck has always been a double agent. He can't win nationally. Most likely he will be paid to draw blood in a primary challenge. Do some damage from the inside, they get to run negative ads against Trump during a hail mary primary run and win win (for them) they are using the R's money against R's.

Back
Top Bottom