Goose season

From March 11 though April 22

Anyone going out?

Too many geese
Goose hunters have an opportunity to significantly help the environment and harvest a great dinner. Get your calls and waders ready for next Friday’s opening day of the special spring snow goose season in Vermont. From March 11 though April 22, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service has allowed for a Conservation Order, adopted at the recommendation of federal and state wildlife scientists, to lessen overwhelming snow goose populations that are destroying fragile, arctic tundra breeding habitat by over-grazing it. Their 1960s population of 50,000 has grown to an unsustainable 1 million birds today. The situation is so serious that unplugged shotguns may be used along with electronic calls to achieve a 15-bird-a-day bag limit. Shooting hours will be extended to a half-hour after sunset.

from: http://telegram.com/article/20110311/COLUMN10/103110631/-1/COLUMN

I wish. They should extend the canada goose season till the end of March. I drove by the fields i hunt this weekend and they all had 200+ birds in each field.

You know what? I didn't even get why you mentioned Vermont, so I went back and re-read what I posted. I thought since it was in the T&G, it was for Massachusetts. So our season has already passed? Shows how much I was paying attention.

Maybe they would lower the non-resident license fee if they really wanted to get rid of them.

How much are hunting licences in the following states now:
Maine?
New Hampshire?
Vermont?

I have possibilities for each of these states for deer hunting this Fall, but would lean towards the path of least resistance.

You know what? I didn't even get why you mentioned Vermont, so I went back and re-read what I posted. I thought since it was in the T&G, it was for Massachusetts. So our season has already passed? Shows how much I was paying attention.

Maybe they would lower the non-resident license fee if they really wanted to get rid of them.

How much are hunting licences in the following states now:
Maine?
New Hampshire?
Vermont?

I have possibilities for each of these states for deer hunting this Fall, but would lean towards the path of least resistance.

Maine Supersport which is big game hunting and fishing pushes $150

Resident geese tastes like the crap they suck of the bottom of a pond.

Goose from around here to me, are like crows or yotes. You pop em for target practice, and because they're a f--king nuisance. Not because they taste good.

Anything else I potentially hunt, I will eat. Not local goose, crow, or yote.

Back
Top Bottom