"Goodbye Officer Friendly; hello 'Warrior Cop'"

I agree that the militarization of the police is ridiculous. It's wrong. But on the other hand, maybe they see society and the economy collapsing too. We're not exactly not buying guns ammo and protective vests.

I agree that the militarization of the police is ridiculous. It's wrong. But on the other hand, maybe they see society and the economy collapsing too. We're not exactly not buying guns ammo and protective vests.

If cops weren't breaking in to homes illegally and killing dogs, I wouldn't need body armor....

It needs to stop. A good first move would be to add some white back into the all black patrol cars popping up.
I can't agree more, I personally hate the black squad cars. My town's police force is so elite that they have all black squad cars and SUV's a couple of hummers (painted black to match obviously) and you guessed it an M113 APC (a tracked apc that is painted black). I think it's all to protect the children though.....

daily-morning-awesomeness-19.jpg

Ha. You guys act like cops are the only ones having standards dumbed down. Its society in general. Its everywhere.

While reading the news account I was struck by how pernicious the no-knock-warrant and raid really is. Had this been my home that was invaded I believe I wouldn't have been shot in the back. I would have been shot face to face by whomever came through the door of my room, because I would have already determined a need for defense. My gun would have been in my hand. The SWAT officer would have seen my gun. I would not have time to realize this is a police raid, he would not have time to realize I was only defending myself against an unknown intruder. Then....bang. I'd have been dead. What happened in Framingham was not a tragedy, it was a crime.

Ha. You guys act like cops are the only ones having standards dumbed down. Its society in general. Its everywhere.
yes, I agree. But when you read the article linked by hikerit, what should that tell us about the job as a cop? The average cop has an average IQ of 104. Apparently, intelligence is not required to become a LEO. As they (or should I say you?) all start out in the ranks, and work their way up from there, it means to me that most chiefs also have an average IQ. So, police forces are lead and managed by people with just average intelligence. And those people now make rules to employ only people that aren't any smarter than themselves... See where I'm coming from? The only way this is possibly going is DOWN.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with ocifer friendly (emphasis on friendly), but I'd rather be "protected" (like I need cops for that, lol) by a clever mofo rather than by a guy who got the job because he's average. Average is the mortal ennemy of excellence, ya know?

I would argue that IQ is kind of an outdated measure of intelligence when you look at the wide range of interactions that are required of LE and the multiple intelligence types required to accomplish said tasks. I would say that Emotional Intelligence is a under utilized assessment in selecting police officers.

yeah, it might be true of society, but we're to expect better from our municipal police. I like that it mentioned officer friendly - what the hell happened to him? looks like he retired and was replaced by Officer Tapout these days. I don't know about you, but I don't feel all that crazy about high school football heroes with an IQ of 7, getting a badge, body armor and all the firearms he can access, the same ones we can't.

SWAT raids are frightening not only for their brutality, but because police "intelligence" has resulted in the raids of the wrong homes on more than one occasion, often with a homeowner grievously injured or worse. This is unacceptable in ANY circumstance and we should expect better, every time.

I have respect for the cops that are doing it right. Im from a cop family and my grandfather was a badass detective for Boston back in his day -- but I thin k even HE would be amazed at how far, and often how TOO far, his brethren are prone to go these days.

yes, I agree. But when you read the article linked by hikerit, what should that tell us about the job as a cop? The average cop has an average IQ of 104. Apparently, intelligence is not required to become a LEO. As they (or should I say you?) all start out in the ranks, and work their way up from there, it means to me that most chiefs also have an average IQ. So, police forces are lead and managed by people with just average intelligence. And those people now make rules to employ only people that aren't any smarter than themselves... See where I'm coming from? The only way this is possibly going is DOWN.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with ocifer friendly (emphasis on friendly), but I'd rather be "protected" (like I need cops for that, lol) by a clever mofo rather than by a guy who got the job because he's average. Average is the mortal ennemy of excellence, ya know?

I don't follow your logic relative to iq. The 104 is based on a curve, I would guess. Future leaders should come from from the right tail of that distribution, all other things being equal.

Society as a whole is getting much dumber, bu I think the difference is that workers in the private sector are usually forced by the market to compete and perform, so the smartest and hardest workers tend to be the ones who get employed over their dumb and/or lazy counterparts. In other words, competition tends to help keep the bar a little bit higher than it would be if everyone was just assigned jobs by the government and set on a tenure track after that.

Law enforcement is of course run by the public sector unions. The competitiveness of the hiring process is intentionally skewed by affirmative action, and in some cases by intentional, court-sanctioned efforts to dumb down the workforce. Once people get in the door they hop on the conveyor belt of tenure and have the union there to protect their jobs in situations where a private sector employee would be let go.

It needs to stop. A good first move would be to add some white back into the all black patrol cars popping up.

Our chief actually did that. He phased out black and whites and went to all white. Felt that the black was dangerous for a public safety vehicle.

Yes, but society in general does not have access to, and authorization to use, all those cool deadly toys.

The average NESr has more guns and ammo than most PDs in Mass. As far as authorization goes.... Well... I got spoken too for handcuffs too tight, so maybe in someone elses world.

The average NESr has more guns and ammo than most PDs in Mass. As far as authorization goes.... Well... I got spoken too for handcuffs too tight, so maybe in someone elses world.
As for authorization, did anybody "speak to" the guys who perpetrated this?

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-az-jose-guerena-shot-60-times-swat-team.html

Just another no-knock raid, they are becoming commonplace, I'm sorry to say.

Now the cool toys, this here is your average NESr?:

Police%20Converge%20Mass_Bert%5B1%5D-thumb-646x367-140323.jpg

Boston_Bombing_Swat_Team_a_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom