Good gun buying story

So last summer I'm cruising gunbroker.com and type in "Mass compliant". What do you know, an XD compact comes up. This is before I really knew anything about the roster or the AG regs. There was a dealer in Metrowest (will remain unnamed) selling a compact 9mm XD MASS COMPLIANT. I had to have it. I gave him a call and met him in his office building (he doesn't have a shop). I brought my S&W 4516 .45 to trade (he gave me $200) and I bought the XD. So I get it home and the next weekend I show my Uncle. He starts to explain to me that the gun isn't Mass compliant. I start freaking out sending the dealer emails that he sold me a non-compliant gun. After about two weeks of him telling me he believes it was compliant, he emails to tell me he'd give me my money back. I took it back the next weekend and he reimbursed me. This whole story makes me sad because I could have kept the XD and nothing would have happened. I didn't know the laws back then and thought I could have gone to jail just for owning it. Thanks for listening to my pointless story.

Last edited:
Where's the pic of homer simpson going "D'OH?" [laugh]

A cursory examination of MGL's would have shown that there
are no penalties upon the consumer for owning or purchasing a
"non compliant" handgun.

Some dealers sell stuff which I know isn't clearly MA compliant...
I'm not about to look that gift horse up in the mouth and tell them
that it's not... if they want to believe a myth it's their ballsack on
the line, and some lucky person is going to benefit from being able
to buy something they normally wouldn't. (Another part of me
thinks that these guys know its not compliant but they thumb
their nose at the law, or think that they have some avenue of
plausible deniability because the gun isn't new, etc. ) Whatever
the reason is doesn't matter.

-Mike

motivator9581715.jpg

Back
Top Bottom