Good day fishing

Fishing lic. $30.00
Rods and reels $25.00
Tacklebox and assorted lures $40.00

Seeing your son catch his first fish in the same place you fished 30 years earlier...

100_4283-1.jpg

PRICELESS

I took my daughter fishing yesterday. She caught a bunch of pan fish. What impressed me the most is that she was baiting the hook and casting all by herself. Not bad for a 5 year old girl.

Thanks for all the kind words. It was a memorable moment for sure.

He followed that fish up with a 19" pickere!lI think he is hooked on fishing now[grin].

If anyone has any good kid friendly fishing spots in Metrowest, drop me a note.

Take care

[party]

What's your criteria for kid friendly?
Are you looking to drop a boat in or fish from shore?

Congrats again on his catches. It's great to see the next generation going outside.

I'd like to stay away from bridges, steep banks and areas close to the roadside.

Shore fishing for sure. My son asked: "Dad, can we get a nice bass boat too?"
My reply: "Would you like a nice bass boat or a college education?"

One of my favorite places is White's pond in Concord. Fish the shore on the right side of the boat launch. The left side beach area is ok too if you get there early or late before the swimmers get there. Lots of panfish and a ton of trout. I haven't been there in like 10-15 years but the times I went, I always managed to catch a few hatchery trout to take home.

Same for Walden's but that place you have to pay to park and there is alot of people around.

I mentioned Watertown square on the Charles in another post. That place is the nuts. Go during daylight hours in the summertime otherwise lots of loonies out and about for some reason.

Last edited:
One of my favorite places is White's pond in Concord. Fish the shore on the right side of the boat launch. The left side beach area is ok too if you get there early or late before the swimmers get there. Lots of panfish and a ton of trout. I haven't been there in like 10-15 years but the times I went, I always managed to catch a few hatchery trout to take home.

Same for Walden's but that place you have to pay to park and there is alot of people around.

I mentioned Watertown square on the Charles in another post. That place is the nuts. Go during daylight hours in the summertime otherwise lots of loonies out and about for some reason.

Awesome, Thanks for the info! Concord is about ten minutes away.

Back
Top Bottom