Gold and silver prices are down

A very good read:

I don't think this chart is valid but it's certainly interesting.

6e842d69-be1f-e8ce-6378-b3f55d83dbd7.jpeg

FTCO up +8.57% today @NavelOfficer
I sold my position and haven't been allowed to open a new position (due to illiquid volume, so they say). Bummer!

FWIW, there were long lines at many of the gold stores in Bangkok the other day, but none of these stores are interested in buying Maple Leafs, Eagles or Krugerrands.

Last edited:
I sold my position and haven't been allowed to open a new position (due to illiquid volume, so they say). Bummer!

FWIW, there were long lines at many of the gold stores in Bangkok the other day, but none of these stores are interested in buying Maple Leafs, Eagles or Krugerrands.

They said the same thing in Argentina, gold shops want jewelry not coins or bars. I guess they can resell jewelry and maybe better markup?

The same thing when gold was bouncing up near 2000 and trying to cross it. There was a big downdraft when the price failed to pierce the $2000 mark. Down into the mid $1800 IIRC.

Gold will go up, until it goes down. But the fundamental story hasn't changed.

One part of me is hoping this is the correction we’ve been waiting for back down to $2100 before the final move to infinity. If not we still need that resistance tested to confirm the breakout for miners.

One part of me is hoping this is the correction we’ve been waiting for back down to $2100 before the final move to infinity. If not we still need that resistance tested to confirm the breakout for miners.

Don’t think it’ll go that low. $2250 maybe. We’re in a gold breakout so pullbacks will be short and mild.

The same thing when gold was bouncing up near 2000 and trying to cross it. There was a big downdraft when the price failed to pierce the $2000 mark. Down into the mid $1800 IIRC.

Gold will go up, until it goes down. But the fundamental story hasn't changed.

Totally different. $2000 was major multi year resistance, as was $2100. There’s no resistance above $2100, so gold blew straight to $2450, which was the first Fibonacci target of the decade long cup and handle. This is just an overbought pullback. Don’t try to correlate gold’s moves with news, this is a technical breakout - momentum trading and profit taking are driving the price.

Gold’s behavior in a bull market is very different from its behavior in a bear market. We’ve been in a bear market for so long it’s hard to change mentality.

Back
Top Bottom