• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Look at Revival Gold, they have 4 million ounces of gold (indicated and Inferred) in Idaho and the market cap is $40 million. That’s $10/ounce.

At $2060 gold an optionality stock (low grade ore heavily leveraged to the gold price) like this should take off like a rocket - but it hasn’t moved, meaning investors think gold is going back to $1800 or less.

I’ve been buying some Generation Mining shares recently around $0.40. It’s a cashed up Palladium Copper junior in Ontario.

lot of insider buying. I can't own just gold and silver miners, that's like eating nothing but steak.

Not sure how significant this is but for the first time since 2020 the Gold/S&P ration fell below 2 today around 11a.

Picked up some more Lion One Metals at $0.64. Quite a unique setup, they have their own assay labs, processing plant and 8 drills on site, and now with the financing they should have enough cash to make it to cash flow positive through production, which they expect to be 300 tons per day by end of this year.

Picked up some more Lion One Metals at $0.64. Quite a unique setup, they have their own assay labs, processing plant and 8 drills on site, and now with the financing they should have enough cash to make it to cash flow positive through production, which they expect to be 300 tons per day by end of this year.
That dip was maybe the last. We may not see .44 again. Here’s to a 10 bagger or more!

Btw did Great Bear ever commit to a PEA or PFS before Kinross took it out? How many ounces and how many years was it estimated to be?

Charts are showing a very positive move in gold. Gold had formed a triple bottom in 2018 and then reached all time highs in 2020. Gold also formed a triple bottom in 2021 and has now reached within $4 of of its all time highs of $2089 just this week. I expect based on fibonacci retracements for gold to reach the possibility of a $2500-$2700 high rather soon. This is also based on gold forming a possible triple top soon and dropping once more to $1900 forming a very strong base of support for the super cycle move.

That dip was maybe the last. We may not see .44 again. Here’s to a 10 bagger or more!

Btw did Great Bear ever commit to a PEA or PFS before Kinross took it out? How many ounces and how many years was it estimated to be?

Great Bear never did that, brilliant marketing by never disappointing with an actual official estimate. Kinross overpaid for it.

Charts are showing a very positive move in gold. Gold had formed a triple bottom in 2018 and then reached all time highs in 2020. Gold also formed a triple bottom in 2021 and has now reached within $4 of of its all time highs of $2089 just this week. I expect based on fibonacci retracements for gold to reach the possibility of a $2500-$2700 high rather soon. This is also based on gold forming a possible triple top soon and dropping once more to $1900 forming a very strong base of support for the super cycle move.

Yeah, I think gold will likely fake out everyone by breaking out without retesting $1900 first, cause that’s what everyone expects and many are waiting for to get in.

In 2007 I bought my wife an engagement ring that cost the equivalent of 9 ounces of gold. Today the ring is worth about the same and the gold would be worth 3X what I paid. :rolleyes:

I bought my wife a 24 Karat Gold and Platinum Investment Jewelry™ | Menē (24 carat gold jewelry dealer) ring for our anniversary. The pure gold looks strikingly different from 14k and she loves the ring. I'll probably just keep buying her pure gold in the form of jewelry for gift occasions.

MC18.135-RNG.ST.A.jpg

In 2007 I bought my wife an engagement ring that cost the equivalent of 9 ounces of gold. Today the ring is worth about the same and the gold would be worth 3X what I paid. :rolleyes:
It's also a pretty safe bet that the markup is far lower on the gold, so even if the retail "worth" of the ring is the same, you'd be lucky to get 30% of that if you sold. Your recovery % on the gold would be far higher, unless you bought it from a TV show. Future prospects for the gold from this point is better also, as diamond prices will probably fall due to the popularity of lab diamonds.

I bought my wife a 24 Karat Gold and Platinum Investment Jewelry™ | Menē (24 carat gold jewelry dealer) ring for our anniversary. The pure gold looks strikingly different from 14k and she loves the ring. I'll probably just keep buying her pure gold in the form of jewelry for gift occasions.

MC18.135-RNG.ST.A.jpg

Checked out the website, they make beautiful stuff!

My wife won’t wear gold, too showy for her. 😞

It's also a pretty safe bet that the markup is far lower on the gold, so even if the retail "worth" of the ring is the same, you'd be lucky to get 30% of that if you sold. Your recovery % on the gold would be far higher, unless you bought it from a TV show. Future prospects for the gold from this point is better also, as diamond prices will probably fall due to the popularity of lab diamonds.

Yeah I’ve been opposed to diamonds for 30 years, since I read about DeBeers and apartheid and how diamonds are a common mineral which had no value before Hollywood and DeBeers created the diamond induatry.

But I wasn’t going to fight that battle for our engagement. 😂

MC18.135-RNG.ST.A.jpg
VERY reasonable that they sell nicely designed stuff for only ~30% over the metal value.

Yeah I’ve been opposed to diamonds for 30 years, since I read about DeBeers and apartheid and how diamonds are a common mineral which had no value before Hollywood and DeBeers created the diamond induatry.

But I wasn’t going to fight that battle for our engagement. 😂
Wise decision. Happy wife, happy life; nothing rhymes with "husband".

MC18.135-RNG.ST.A.jpg

This is similar to an old business idea/fantasy I had. Sell denominational 24k jewelry. Have each one basically assayed with documented gold weight/content. Bought a little tabletop furnace to melt it but stalled out there. Oh well. [laugh]

Last edited:

MC18.135-RNG.ST.A.jpg
Looking at this web site again: it says "transparent design/manufacturing premium, which is ~30% of the precious metal value." I did the math on some listed pieces, and it looks more like ~46% premium over spot gold, still pretty reasonable for retail jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom