Gold and silver prices are down

No where in your statement do I see either the government or Fed wanting to do the right thing for the right reasons.

That's what scares me.
I don't have an opinion on their motives, actually. I think of them as shamans with healing stones and poultices. They probably think they're helping, but why they expect to control the economy based on lagging indicators is a mystery.

So the bank failure fear trade is gone, but now gold is trying to figure out what extending the FDIC to trillions in risky bank deposits means for interest rates, dollar, Fed etc.

I have no clue what gold will do short term, but I think we finally are seeing what the Fed is going to break with 5% interest rates.

So the bank failure fear trade is gone, but now gold is trying to figure out what extending the FDIC to trillions in risky bank deposits means for interest rates, dollar, Fed etc.

I have no clue what gold will do short term, but I think we finally are seeing what the Fed is going to break with 5% interest rates.
This is basically where we are at now. A quasi test of MMT in this new paradigm. Gold is a good snifter after a long hard day. We just had a long hard weekend of systemic bank issues. Uncertainties abound. The next move is with JPow on Mar. 21-22 to give us the next opportunity to discern the rate hike guidance. Asian markets are down while US are up. This may portend the risks overseas to be greater than domestic.

This is basically where we are at now. A quasi test of MMT in this new paradigm. Gold is a good snifter after a long hard day. We just had a long hard weekend of systemic bank issues. Uncertainties abound. The next move is with JPow on Mar. 21-22 to give us the next opportunity to discern the rate hike guidance. Asian markets are down while US are up. This may portend the risks overseas to be greater than domestic.

This weekend just told the stock market that it was right all along, don’t believe the Fed bullshit, they will rush to the rescue at the first sign of trouble. So there’s no reason to sell stocks, any crash will be over in a few hours.

So the Fed can talk rate hikes all it wants, no one cares.

This is mildly bullish gold, but people don’t want gold if stocks always go up. So I think gold stays in a trading range until something much bigger breaks that the Fed can’t fix.

To me it just looks like we were able to kick the can (slightly?) further down the road extending the buying opportunity in PMs. Looking to me like the end game will be a run on dollars and US debt. Between the Fed pivot and Biden's budget dollars and US debt got nowhere to to but down.

I need help understanding the treasury yields. Why would people be buying treasuries if the dollar is falling?

Dollar index is primarily a measure of the exchange rate vs Euro and yen and some other currencies so maybe something going on there?

It’s definitely interesting, usually the dollar goes up when there are financial system concerns.

Yea I'm not sure how much longer the buying opportunity in PMs lasts. We've still got BTC creating some diversion but I'm not sure how long that lasts either.

Yea I'm not sure how much longer the buying opportunity in PMs lasts. We've still got BTC creating some diversion but I'm not sure how long that lasts either.
With people like Mav around, BTC could drop to negative and there would still be people holding on to it waiting for it to go over $100k!

To da mooooon!

I’ll take something I can physically hold, thank you. Might not be worth a dime eventually if society collapses, but it will certainly have a place when/if we’re able to rebuild from the rubble.

I think ammo will be a better currency than the USD, too.
The USD is for spending, not saving. Use your currency to buy real assets: cows, farmland, gold, silver, commodities, firearms, reloading gear, etc.

Last edited:
PMs are both products in and of themselves as well as ingredients in other products. Cryptos are neither products in themselves nor ingredients in any other products. It’s even worse than that because cryptos require computers and energy to continue to exist at all. But, on the bright side, at least for now cryptos are diverting some money away from PMs keeping the prices lower. I don’t know how long that lasts.

PMs are both products in and of themselves as well as ingredients in other products. Cryptos are neither products in themselves nor ingredients in any other products. It’s even worse than that because cryptos require computers and energy to continue to exist at all. But, on the bright side, at least for now cryptos are diverting some money away from PMs keeping the prices lower. I don’t know how long that lasts.
Crypto currency has already failed to catch on as currency. Your opportunities to convert it to goods and services directly are limited. Now it only competes with PMs as an asset. I’ve always been worried that it could become illegal to own with a waive of pens. This seems more probable to me than confiscation of gold (again) and silver.

I think ammo will be a better currency than the USD, too.
The USD is for spending, not saving. Use your currency to buy real assets: cows, farmland, gold, silver, commodities, firearms, reloading gear, etc.
Agree^^^^^ before SHTF, but not using ammo as a currency after SHTF.
The thing I think about this is if times are really tough will the person you used ammo to buy something from come back and use the ammo against you?

The only ammo ever leaving my possession in hard times, is to well known close friends and family members.

Back
Top Bottom