• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I'm guessing some of this is nervous people wondering if more banks will be closed/taken over this weekend. Flight to safety?

Historically the FDIC takes over banks after closing on a Friday. Gives them the weekend to let things quiet down.

And why would Yellen say that yesterday, about only bailing out banks that are too big to fail, unless she knew this stuff was coming?

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 10.04.02 AM.png

Lotsa funny stuff going on. Triple witching options expiration Friday with nervous markets due to Fed policy and bank risks.

Last edited:
I must say I am taking advantage of the Silver prices. But then again I have always had a soft spot for Silver, but to me its a very simple buy that can't go wrong.

I must say I am taking advantage of the Silver prices. But then again I have always had a soft spot for Silver, but to me its a very simple buy that can't go wrong.
Agree here. Seems like the case for silver has never been stronger and the nominal price never lower.

Price for a gold eagle is up almost $150 from a week ago.

Earlier today the lowest price I could find on eBay for an NGC or PCGS rated, MS61 or greater, slabbed Saint Gaudens was $2450. Cheapest MS65 common date was $3150.

Great day trading GDXU. Closed out my position at $46. Still holding my gold and silver dabloons. I feel like a pirate these days.

$1993 now, gold making a run at $2000 in the after 4 pm market.
It broke 2000 almost 1 year ago but this coming week is a pivotal moment for Fed rate hikes so it’s possible for a push above 2000 and back down but definitely not to 1650’s. If it can hold above 2000 I expect miners will do a victory dance for the next couple years. I’m all cash now because next week will be very volatile.

Feels like we're on a slow march back over $2000. I don't sense the bad news is over, and could get worse. Add that to nervous investors and you have a perfect storm.

View attachment 732668

OK, I got the "slow march" thing wrong. But I suspect that we will breech 2000 next week.

I am reticent to make calls on direction. Because I'm generally wrong. But my gut was strong that the investor types are nervous and looking for safety.

It will be interesting to watch the web pages of those who sell physical. Will they start posting that shipping is delayed because of a large increase in orders? Will price over spot premiums go up? Will they be out of stock. Indicators of a strong market for physical gold/silver.

WOW!

Where do you find after market spot pricing on the web?
It still keeps trading til 5 pm. That’s all I meant. I think you posted after 5 anyway so never mind! Futures finished at $1993 looks like.

Last edited:
It still keeps trading til 5 pm. That’s all I meant. I think you posted after 5 anyway so never mind! Futures finished at $1993 looks like.

Thanks! That's a damn fine number!!!

Hmm…APMEX is frozen at $1999

OK, I got the "slow march" thing wrong. But I suspect that we will breech 2000 next week.

I am reticent to make calls on direction. Because I'm generally wrong. But my gut was strong that the investor types are nervous and looking for safety.

It will be interesting to watch the web pages of those who sell physical. Will they start posting that shipping is delayed because of a large increase in orders? Will price over spot premiums go up? Will they be out of stock. Indicators of a strong market for physical gold/silver.

WOW!

Everything is positive, silver and miners are participating in the move up, close the week above $1950. Gold still going up when stock market is going down, or when the dollar is going up.

I don’t know when we finally break $2070 but i think it’ll be in the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom