Gold and silver prices are down

They are Victorian era crowns from England - roughly a US silver dollar though slightly finer with slightly more silver. I bought both of them on eBay. The 1844 was less than $100 and the 1889 was $35. There are a lot of crown or silver dollar sized coins from various countries that have similar silver content and cost about the same as US silver dollars. I enjoy collecting them.

They are Victorian era crowns from England - roughly a US silver dollar though slightly finer with slightly more silver. I bought both of them on eBay. The 1844 was less than $100 and the 1889 was $35. There are a lot of crown or silver dollar sized coins from various countries that have similar silver content and cost about the same as US silver dollars. I enjoy collecting them.
They’re very cool. Thanks for the input. I’ll add some of these to my portfolio

I like copper but likely difficult to store and ship meaningful amounts of it. I have several ounces of platinum. Platinum is kind of a "flyer" IMHO. Seems like several uses for it are coming towards an end but, it's so rare, that any new use for it is likely to change the price significantly. Anyway, I like my platinum coins and enjoy them as a hobby so it makes sense for me.

Gold eagles $1,850; silver eagles $33ish, new style $39ish.

Not sure what to make of physical PM prices anymore.
New style silver eagles 2021 or 2022? 2021's have always held an additional premium.

I gave up trying to figure out prices about 10 years ago. I buy when I can afford it and never sell.

Went to the NH coin show in Manchester Saturday. Gold eagles $1,850; silver eagles $33ish, new style $39ish.

Not sure what to make of physical PM prices anymore.
Look at the price of Silver Bullion. There's your value. I never minded a couple of bucks difference between bullion and coins like the silver eagle. But the gap has been increasing to the point where I question what's the point. I see silver coins now with themes like Halloween and the like selling too much above the price of silver itself. I keep telling myself you are buying a financial hedge and security and not a effin knick-knack.

I just picked up a silver Maple Leaf to get the picture of the old girl on one side and the year she passed on the other. Was that wrong? Because if it was wrong...

I'm seeing some of my numismatic dealers advertising their gold coins. They are anticipating lower prices. I'm still holding cash for now.

These PM prices seem shockingly low when considering all the inflation. BUT FWIW my sense is that they are going to continue to fall in the near term.

These PM prices seem shockingly low when considering all the inflation. BUT FWIW my sense is that they are going to continue to fall in the near term.

The same thing happened to gold in the 70s inflation hell. It went down for a couple years and then started a massive 4 year run up 1000%.

Just got a call on the home phone from RB Gold and Silver. Might have been RBB Gold and Silver. I have no idea who they are.

I asked the young fella to take me off their call list. He said, "Uh, uh, not happening".

What a world!
What's his NES handle...? [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom