• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I was really hoping PMs would break down again so I could buy a couple rolls of silver. Liberty.coin on ebay seems to somehow set their prices to fluctuate with spot. Hopefully the fed will come out and talk about all the tightening they are planning to do in the near future [laugh]

I was really hoping PMs would break down again so I could buy a couple rolls of silver. Liberty.coin on ebay seems to somehow set their prices to fluctuate with spot. Hopefully the fed will come out and talk about all the tightening they are planning to do in the near future [laugh]

Yeah be patient, the gold and silver down trend probably isn’t over. Probably will retest $1675 gold at the very least and $21-22 silver.

This morning I got a 5% eBay bucks offer and found this item:

So with eBay bucks about $1880 for a PCGS rated coin in uncirculated condition, about 100 years old, and it contains .9675 ounces of gold.

The eBay bucks make this a better than average deal. But, like @Varmint, I do miss the days of 8% and 10% eBay bucks. Damn those were nice!

So with eBay bucks about $1880 for a PCGS rated coin in uncirculated condition, about 100 years old, and it contains .9675 ounces of gold.

The eBay bucks make this a better than average deal. But, like @Varmint, I do miss the days of 8% and 10% eBay bucks. Damn those were nice!
Gorgeous coin Rich.

Yeah, although the Bucks limit is $100 so 5% is enough for a $2000 coin. The 10% and even higher were good for silver purchases - there was no sales tax back then too!

I'd jump on this MS-62 deal if I had the spare cash.

Have not seen a decent deal on these in ages. This is $1832/oz after Ebay bucks or about $25 over spot.

Would have to buy 3 to avoid tax though.

Have not seen a decent deal on these in ages. This is $1832/oz after Ebay bucks or about $25 over spot.

Would have to buy 3 to avoid tax though.

IIRC eBay bucks are earned for a single item/order. So if you bought 3 to avoid sales tax you'd only get 5% on one of the items.

Or maybe it has changed?

IIRC eBay bucks are earned for a single item/order. So if you bought 3 to avoid sales tax you'd only get 5% on one of the items.

Or maybe it has changed?

I think it's always worked on single order, so you can order 3 items from same vendor and get 5% off the total. I used to do that when silver rolls were $350 (good ole days). The limit per order is $100 bucks though.

I get the Harry Laibstain, “First Shot” email. He bought several nice original 65 Saints - details below. That’s a fair price for numismatic collector quality saint. Just passing along in case anyone is interested…

$20 Saint Gaudens

We purchased a nice group of 65 Saints. These are not your run of the mill wholesale quality saints. Bought privately, the coins are original and undipped.

Pick at 2,375
Three or more at 2,350

(7) 1908 $20 PCGS MS65
(11) 1924 $20 PCGS MS65

I get the Harry Laibstain, “First Shot” email. He bought several nice original 65 Saints - details below. That’s a fair price for numismatic collector quality saint. Just passing along in case anyone is interested…

$20 Saint Gaudens

We purchased a nice group of 65 Saints. These are not your run of the mill wholesale quality saints. Bought privately, the coins are original and undipped.

Pick at 2,375
Three or more at 2,350

(7) 1908 $20 PCGS MS65
(11) 1924 $20 PCGS MS65

One of the most beautiful coins the US ever minted. Stunning!

Last edited:
So gold is now up to $1815 and it appears the Fed speak has solidified the position for big money that inflation is not transitory, bond buying will continue, and rates will never go up. Hoping to see $1850 resistance break maybe next week.

So gold is now up to $1815 and it appears the Fed speak has solidified the position for big money that inflation is not transitory, bond buying will continue, and rates will never go up. Hoping to see $1850 resistance break maybe next week.

Powell continued to insist that inflation is temporary, so no taper is needed, and the market is buying it, that's why it's up.

Gold I think is up just cause there was no taper talk today.

However I'm not sure gold's rally will be sustained, cause nothing changed today. After a brief rally I think gold investors will go back to "sell gold cause the taper is coming!"

Basically the Fed just punted today, didn't say anything. So the gold downward trend is likely to resume until something significant happens, like the Fed tapers or stock market corrects.

Powell continued to insist that inflation is temporary, so no taper is needed, and the market is buying it, that's why it's up.

Gold I think is up just cause there was no taper talk today.

However I'm not sure gold's rally will be sustained, cause nothing changed today. After a brief rally I think gold investors will go back to "sell gold cause the taper is coming!"

Basically the Fed just punted today, didn't say anything. So the gold downward trend is likely to resume until something significant happens, like the Fed tapers or stock market corrects.
Yeah, you’re right.

Back
Top Bottom