Going to Pick up my HF Radio..

I suck...it's just the GX, not the GXII.

Here's some pics for your enjoyment...he gave me all this stuff. Now I need to figure it all out..

The whole kit and kaboodle

HFRadio001.jpg

The Radio and Hand Mic

HFRadio002.jpg

The Power supply and something else...

HFRadio004.jpg

The Optional Desk Mic

HFRadio003.jpg

Some kind of keypad he said to input the freq.

HFRadio005.jpg

That looks awesome! I really want to try HF but I am only on a Technicial Class license...how hard do you think the General class exam was compared to Technician?

Can't find that one... is it this: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/ft757gx2.html

HF is very cool. Once you talk to someone half way around the globe, you can't help but say "wow. that's pretty damn cool!"

It is so cool! And it's fun doing it with only 100 watts but I found out tonight it's even better when you can crank up 600 or so watts.
That's my way of saying my amplifier has arrived and is up and running :)

cpher That looks like a steal. The power supply and mic are worth quite a bit. It shouldn't be too hard to setup. Didn't you build legos when you were a kid?

Yea, I'm sure that I can figure it out. I just need to download the manual off line somewhere. I didn't get one. And, I need to figure out how to set up a G5RV to this thing...

I'm stoked...

I've installed my G5RV about 10 times because i keep wanting to get it higher and higher. It's pretty easy to do but experience is always a plus I have some ideas for you. PM if you're interested.

I've installed my G5RV about 10 times because i keep wanting to get it higher and higher. It's pretty easy to do but experience is always a plus I have some ideas for you. PM if you're interested.

I'll send you one here in a few.

do you have a tuner? You'll need one and an SWR meter.

I do have a tuner...and I think that the SWR is built into the radio.

Back
Top Bottom