• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Strategy For AWB?

Realizing fully that GOAL is an organization primarily focused on statewide firearms issues and further realizing that the prior AWB is still in place here in Massachusetts, I am curious as to whether there's a strategy in place - or under consideration, to combat further erosion to our rights here in Massachusetts.

Watching and reading the news for the last several days, it's apparent that the Obama administration will be pushing for another assault weapons ban. Dianne Feinstein announced that she would be pushing for a reinstatement of the AWB. Furthermore, it appears that any reinstatement of the prior ban could indeed be more restrictive than its predecessor.

Is there any plans to pressure Massachusetts Senatorial and Congressional politicians to vote against a revitalized push for another AWB? Typing that, I almost chuckled, for I realize who we are dealing with. However, I can't help but to think that a concerted effort - led by GOAL and supported my it's members to make our voices heard nationally could not hurt. Better than sitting it out I would guess?

How is the GOAL Public Safety Bill going? It had something in there about repeal of the AWB here in MA, but I never got anyones response on what its chances were to get out of commitee with a reccomendation that it pass.

Hopefully pushes for members to run for public office come the next election. I fully intend on running against my state rep, and in my area, I might actually have a shot.

Goal Sent out the notificaiton along with a link to the bill. It basically re-wrote the gun laws for Ma. Included in the notice were the names and e-mail addresses of everyone onthe commity. I sent a quick e-mail to everyone on that list asking for them to support it. Grass roots support of a bill like this is the only way to get Ma. to change the prohibitive gun laws we presently have.

Back
Top Bottom