GOAL, many P.D.'s and the CHSB are out of FA10s

"With the lack of FA-10 forms and uncertainty of when new forms will be available, the Firearms Record Bureau is recommending that transfers be delayed until forms are available or have them done through a licensed state firearms dealer through the computerized Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS)."

Are they serious? That's the solution?

What about registrations?

Guess I hold off on my next C&R purchase and the AR-15 build.

Side Note: wonder if there will be a rush on the FA-10 forms in the coming weeks similar to the ammo rush.

I can see it now.

FS - 2 pristine FA-10 forms. New in box. Never seen a ballpoint pen. Crisp edges. No wear through on the carbon copies.

$5 each.

Wow, sure glad we don't need an FA-10 to get healthcare services. [rolleyes]

Something smells rotten in this Denmark. The company has chosen to no longer be eligible, yet they maintain the exclusive legal right, as a contractor, to the design of the form?

WTF
State probably hasn't paid them yet for the last bunch and they don't want to deal with them anymore

*shaking head*. "We can't print paper, and we're not going to even try to accommodate you in any other way, so your rights have been suspended. Maybe we'll let you know when we figure out something, but don't hold your breath"

Nice.

I agree file the legislation now, the whole FA-10 thing is a joke anyway. How convenient that the only solution is to delay transfers and purchases.... Typical Assachusetts B.S.

State probably hasn't paid them yet for the last bunch and they don't want to deal with them anymore

More than likely. Many Constables do work for the state, it requires special forms, their reimbursement rate is below market rates, they won't reimburse mileage if <10 miles (I guess it doesn't cost money to drive less than 10 miles) and they take AT LEAST SIX MONTHS to pay. I choose not to do business with the state and this is why. I understand that it is similar for attorneys that do work for the state as well.

I pride myself on paying my bills on time, not owing anyone and I won't do work for people who operate differently.

You can bet if they were welfare applications they'd find a way to print up some more right, quick, and in a hurry.

Granting the printer the copyright to a state form would seem to be a major oversight.

I wouldn't let the printer who runs off scoresheets for matches I run own the copyright, and I do business on a far smaller scale that the CHSB.

I call bullshit. If the law requires them to provide a form, and they dont, and you send in a photocopy, no judge in America is going to find you at fault. Give me an f'ing break.

You can bet if they were welfare applications they'd find a way to print up some more right, quick, and in a hurry.

Even better, if they ran out of spanish welfare applications, then the politicians in this state would really get up in arms and print some out right quick!

Last edited:
"With the lack of FA-10 forms and uncertainty of when new forms will be available, the Firearms Record Bureau is recommending that transfers be delayed until forms are available or have them done through a licensed state firearms dealer through the computerized Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS)."

Does that same position apply to FA-10's for "LOST and STOLEN" reports too? [thinking]

Here you go, directly from the CSHB's website.

FA-10 PDF Form
I would think if you fill out the copied forms for private transfers and send it in, scanning and copying will be their problem and using the copies downloaded from their website will cover your butt. I would send it return signature though for proof you sent it in. You could even use carbon paper between the copies stapled together so each copy is identical. Then you will have fullfilled the requirement and you have copies for proof. Let them sort out the B.S.!

Just a heads up.

CHSB uploaded the FA10 form onto their website on April 30th. I just now noticed that they FINALLY updated it to a correct form that includes instructions/codes etc..

New FA10 form here.

We will keep you updated as information develops and are still awaiting resolution of this situation.

Thanks all for being pro-active with this.

Best,

The GOAL Staff

Back
Top Bottom