• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Cup – Pistol Master’s Cup – Anyone interested?

I’m looking into the possibility of organizing a fund-raising match for GOAL and tying it into the GOAL Cup series. There is already an IDPA GOAL Cup in July. So how about something a little different?

Note: This is just a rough overview, with many details to follow.

GOAL Pistol Master’s Cup
One stage each of USPSA, IDPA, Steel Plate, Steel Challenge and PPC. Each stage is worth a max of 100 stage points, for a maximum possible match total of 500 points. Each stage is scored independently (USPSA scoring for the USPSA stage, IDPA scoring for it’s stage, etc) with the stage winner getting all 100 stage points and the rest get a percentage of stage points based on their percentage as compared to the stage winner (similar to how USPSA stage points are awarded). The guy with the most match points for their division is the overall winner.

There would be 5 different divisions, loosely based on USPSA divisions: Open, Limited, Production, Single Stack and Revolver. You have to use the same gun/holster/etc for all 5 stages and the equipment requirements for the different disciplines would be relaxed. So an open shooter will use their open equipment on the IDPA stage, but will only be able to load 10 rounds into their mags for example.

The proceeds from the match would go to GOAL’s Heritage program, which in turn is given back to clubs in the form of grant money. So even if you’re not the GOAL Pistol Master Cup winner, we all still win.

I have already approached GOAL w/ the idea and they are supportive of the effort.

So that’s the rough idea. Now here’s the question…

I have buy-in from my club (The Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford in Dartmouth, MA) to host this at our facility and will actually tie it into the club’s Field Day weekend (so the match would be on Saturday, Sept 20, 2008). The club is also having a pig roast that night so folks could shoot the match, enjoy some of the activities of the Field Day, then have a pig roast for dinner. Sounds like a great day.

Here’s were I need help – volunteers. For this to happen, I need people who’d be willing to work this match. The ideal would be to have enough people to cover each stage so that each of the workers would be able to step away from their stage for a bit and shoot the match as well. So that means we’d need about 20 people or so (at any given time, half are shooting and half are working). Previous experience as a range officer of some sort would be beneficial (especially USPSA and/or IDPA).

So who’s interested? Not just ‘maybe, if I’m not doing anything’. I need solid commitments – and soon. There is a lot of prep (including getting the match advertised) that I’ll need to do to make this happen.

If you're interested in helping out, please PM or email me.

Tx,
Dave

Had a couple of people step up at a match this weekend... we're getting there. Still need more help.

Remeber, this match benefits GOAL's Heritage Fund which ends up as grant money that is given back to our local clubs. If you've been wanting to do something to help the shooting community, here's a chance to get involved.

Back
Top Bottom