• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Go Through Your Stuff Once in a While...

I decide to put my XD-40 up for sale so I went hunting through my house for the original case and some of the accessories.

What did I find besides the case?

Two 10/22 mags I thought I lost.
A couple of 22/45 mags.
Three brand new sets of silver Weaver Quad Lock scope mounts (one is up for grabs in the Karma forum)
Two new sets of see-through sight mounts for Winchester 94 with angle eject. These are inexplicable, because I don't even own a Winchester 94.

And ... wait for it ...

A gun I forgot I owned.

Good grief.

A few years ago I picked up a Sig Mosquito from a fellow NES member. I tucked it away in a closet and forgot I owned it. It's unfired and in the original case.

Finding it was like Christmas in June.

I have one safe that is strictly C&R,I was going through it awhile back and forgot I even owned a M96,I don't even remember buying it lol.

Taken in front of a NH gun store
908705dc.jpg

Yup, about a week ago I noticed a "puddle" on the floor in the cellar. I did discover the cause (a spilled bottle of Tia Maria), however in trying to find the source, I moved a lot of small boxes and found the following:

- a bandoleer of 8mm Mauser, [I know where/when I bought this, just didn't know where it was.]
- a bag full of 30 rd pre-ban AR mags that I didn't know that I had, [No idea where or when I bought these.]
- 1000 AR stripper clips (brand new TTBOMK or they certainly look it) and bandoleer packs in new condition [I knew I bought this stuff, just couldn't find it for the past few years and wanted to sell it off anyway.]

I also threw out a ton of crap that I found and don't need. I"m now determined to spend a few hours each week cleaning up and throwing out junk.

Yup, its good to go through the places you put stuff, when I did awhile back I found the 14 yr old son I forgot I had, a little dusty, but some water and he seemed OK. Then there was that Mossberg 88 shotgun I forgot I put in the back of an armoire, a little remoil and looked good as new and 500 rounds of xm193, that was the best surprise.
Now I gotta feed my kid again.

Yup, its good to go through the places you put stuff, when I did awhile back I found the 14 yr old son I forgot I had, a little dusty, but some water and he seemed OK. Then there was that Mossberg 88 shotgun I forgot I put in the back of an armoire, a little remoil and looked good as new and 500 rounds of xm193, that was the best surprise.
Now I gotta feed my kid again.

Oh yeah, that reminds me . . . on top of a small file cabinet (that I threw out), I found a full case of 7.62x39 that I had no idea that I had. That's in addition to what I posted above.

Never found a gun I'd lost / misplaced or didn't remember owning - for insurance reasons, I keep an itemized list with SN# and photos (but Insurance Company does not require me to provide them with the list), but while cleaning up the basement I found a couple of cases of ammo I'd forgotten about. Picked up a new 6-shelf 48x18 shelving unit and started by putting ammo on it to organize the ammo. It's full and there's still ammo to move onto it....

Time for another shelving unit...

Back
Top Bottom