Go Ahead, CRY!

JonJ

NES Member
A neat old ad. Enjoy!

ad.png

Do they have any in stock? Think they take Mass C&Rs?[smile]

I get a kick out of neat old adds like that. Thats probably from the 50's. When you think about it, given what people got paid, the cost of living, etc. it was probably still fairly steep. Then factor in availability. The 91/30 shown is about $60 less than what they go for today on sale. 7.62x54 ammo prices were about $5 cheaper, but both are plentiful.
The only huge increase for price has been the semi autos with the SVT 38s being next to impossible to find, and the M91s getting high prices from online vendors, but yet a profit in the eyes of an old timer selling one today that he had for ages. Thats why sometimes you find a nice one for $100.[wink]
The thing abot that add that could actually make a grown man cry... the fact that we had a more gun friendly state back when that add came out.[crying]

I just checked Gunbroker for the heck of it. I've never seen so many for sale there at one time!

A few years back I purchased a one owner, 1952 Gravely tractor. The owner also gave me the original bill of sale and service manual which contained the parts list AND prices. I subsequently bought some parts from a local dealer (yes, the parts are still available) and asked if I could pay the prices from the '52 price list. After laughing for about 10 minutes he politely said...NO! LOL

Back
Top Bottom