• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock triggers

Hey NES, hoping you can help me out. Took my glock 22 gen2 with a buddy to the range and shot his g17 gen3 while he shot the g22. The triggers could not have been more different. His 17 g3 had shorter, smother travel, with a snappier break. It was like driving a Porsche to my glocks 18 wheeler.My friend also confirmed this. What are the differences between the triggers? Is there one at all? Has anyone used an aftermarket trigger kit that they would recommend? Thanks in advance!

First, check to see if you have a NY trigger, either 1 or 2. If you have a olive or orange plastic piece instead of just a spring that's your problem. Just a $2 spring will fix your problem. Easy to swap the NY trigger for the factory spring. Their are aftermarket kits, but I would check that first.

First, check to see if you have a NY trigger, either 1 or 2. If you have a olive or orange plastic piece instead of just a spring that's your problem. Just a $2 spring will fix your problem. Easy to swap the NY trigger for the factory spring. Their are aftermarket kits, but I would check that first.

This

Sent from the depths of Hell using TapaTalk

there is also Ghost triggers for glocks and rugers that can improve your trigger significantly.
those are fairly inexpensive around 25-30 bucks i believe and offer miles of improvement according to gun community.
i myself planning on swapping for ghost on my g17 and sr9 one day when ammo cost are back to normal and i can afford to go out and shoot again.

I swapped my connector in my glock 17, for the factory "minus" connector. Makes a world of difference. It also was about a $25 part and took about 5 minutes to install. It's easy enough and cheap enough that if you don't like the changes, just swap it back to stock.

A Ghost 3.5 lb trigger connector made a huge difference for me on my G21.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This, gun probably has shit parts in it or a golden screwdriver type put a different spring or connector in there.

-Mike

A Ghost 3.5 lb trigger connector made a huge difference for me on my G21.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This WRT a G27. I also swaped the serrated trigger for a smooth one. Doesn't make my finger raw when it kicks like the serrated trigger would.

i took the whole trigger assembly apart for the first time from my old police trade in and god was it filthy! i cleaned it up and that alone made it smoother. It has a factory spring (not a NY), but im still gonna replace it. Probably go with the ghost inc ultimate for $20ish. I really want less travel before the break, as well as a smoother and lighter pull. Im guessing the 3.5lb trigger will make it lighter but will it help with all the pretravel??

Reps for the link.

Rep tease!!!

Although the weight difference between the titanium plunger and steel Glock plunger is substantial, I don't think that is the real secret as to why this piece works. The lighter spring pressure required for the titanium plunger also helps, but I think that the modified profile is the biggest reason. The Glock plunger is shaped more like this Ll and the lightning strike is more like this U. It just provides much better geometry for the lift ramp to overcome. Which rolls easier, a block or a ball?

Rep tease!!!

Although the weight difference between the titanium plunger and steel Glock plunger is substantial, I don't think that is the real secret as to why this piece works. The lighter spring pressure required for the titanium plunger also helps, but I think that the modified profile is the biggest reason. The Glock plunger is shaped more like this Ll and the lightning strike is more like this U. It just provides much better geometry for the lift ramp to overcome. Which rolls easier, a block or a ball?

It's both, the factory piece is almost 3 grams, the Ti piece is 1.5 grams with a nice rounded finish. The spring decreases the resistance to lift it.

I usually do the lightning strike plunger/spring FIRST before messing with the trigger bar, sometimes it's enough by itself.

It's both, the factory piece is almost 3 grams, the Ti piece is 1.5 grams with a nice rounded finish. The spring decreases the resistance to lift it.

I usually do the lightning strike plunger/spring FIRST before messing with the trigger bar, sometimes it's enough by itself.

Exactly. I always start there myself.
My G-17 is strictly a GSSF gun and has a (-) connector the other 4 (19, 21, 26, 30) have std connectors, but they are polished like a mirror. I also swapped out the 19 and 26 triggers out for 17s and the 30 for a 21. That doesn't make any difference in the trigger pull obviously, I just like the feel of the full size triggers better.

Has anyone used an aftermarket trigger kit that they would recommend?

I would simply recommend replacing your trigger group components with brand new OEM components as found in the Gen4. It's not expensive and the stock trigger on the Gen4 is good as Glocks go. From there you can mess with things like the minus connector and NY trigger spring. I've got the plus, minus, and dot connectors, as well as the NY spring and stock spring, and have tried it with every combination. I found that the combinations that give the nicest trigger pull also have the side effect of mushier reset. After trying a lot of combinations for a while, I've arrived back at using the stock Gen4 setup in my G19 Gen4 carry gun.

just an update. i polished the whole trigger system and, although better, still isn't the way i want it. I just bought a ghost inc ultimate trigger and some lone wolf springs. will update with range report after install

After using all different combos my favorite is a Ghost 3.5lb connector and the wolff trigger spring. Cheap and easy with a good pull and reset.

Back
Top Bottom