Glock triggers

I will post an addendum to my last recommendation. I just did the trigger in my Gen3 G17. I went with the new edge connector and trigger spring.

Turns out the connector plus spring were overkill. It made the trigger too light with a horrible reset that was also unsafe IMO. Just needed the connector with the factory weight trigger spring. Ghost must have really improved the design with this new connector.

If you haven't done it already, it is worth doing the Glock 25 cent trigger job. It is easy to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it will. It won't make it a great trigger, or even a good trigger, but it will be good enough.

Cool. Thanks. I'll give it a try. I dont have too many complaints about my G 26 Gen 4 trigger, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to. It just feels "gritty" when pulling.. or "sticky" when trying to get a smooth, slow pull. No complaints about the weight of the pull.

If polishing doesn't do it. You probably jut need a connector. Doesn't sound like you are looking for a super light trigger. I'm the same way. I like it reasonable light but am more interested in smoothness, feel, and reset.

If polishing doesn't do it. You probably jut need a connector. Doesn't sound like you are looking for a super light trigger. I'm the same way. I like it reasonable light but am more interested in smoothness, feel, and reset.

Are you talking to me?

Yeah ill just try polishing it. I cant really mess it up, right? Polish is not agressive like sandpaper or anything.

What do you have in your glock?

Yeah ill just try polishing it. I cant really mess it up, right? Polish is not agressive like sandpaper or anything.

Yup, you can't really mess it up provided you stay away from power tools. I'd bet that you could mess it up with a Dremel.

The edge on one of my connectors wasn't flat, there was sort of a spike at one end, so I gently stoned that off. But typically I just use polish, a rag, and q-tips.

Yup, you can't really mess it up provided you stay away from power tools. I'd bet that you could mess it up with a Dremel.

It just depends on what you have chucked up in the dremel. If you put in a stone or sanding drum, you will trash it immediately. But if you have a polishing buff in it, you'd have to be really ham handed to mess it up. I have done several of them using a dremel, it takes just minutes. It would take forever to achieve the same results using a Q-tip.

It just depends on what you have chucked up in the dremel. If you put in a stone or sanding drum, you will trash it immediately. But if you have a polishing buff in it, you'd have to be really ham handed to mess it up. I have done several of them using a dremel, it takes just minutes. It would take forever to achieve the same results using a Q-tip.

I don't use the Q-tip for much. I typically use a rag instead. But, yeah, I'm sure it is a lot faster with a Dremel.

I use Flitz metal polish and a dremel with buffing wheel. Done in no time at all. I am running the new Ghost Edge connector. I used the Ghost Ultimate in my previous Glocks.

I'd also look on the hook of the striker (slide, not lower) and angles, stock Glock parts sometimes are somewhat rough, stoning them in the right direction can make than nice clean break or make it go full auto.

just picked up a g19, it has a NY trigger.
all i need to do is replace a spring?
i'd like to lighten this trigger pull up a bunch and shorten the reset....

I got to shoot the new edge connector the other day. Here is my review.

It worked well but different than previous ghost connectors such as the ultimate.

Consistent pull and it eliminated the glock bump as advertised. The reset was short and predictable although not as crisp as the factory connector. My guess is the removal of the bump makes for the slightly mushy reset.

There was definitely no need to mess with any of the springs with this connector. The trigger is plenty light. I have to say this is a huge advantage because it maximizes the reliability by retaining factory spring rates.

Finally, I polished all surfaces of the transfer bar, connector, striker, and plunger. The trigger is as smooth as any glock I've ever shot and very predictable. Overall, I am happier with the connector than I expected after initial installation and dry fire.

Glad to see al the responses. In the end I did the whole kit and kaboodle. Ghost inc ultimate, lone wolf springs, and a 25 cent trigger job with flints polish. I absolutely love the results. I don't carry this gun but I don't think it's too light to carry either. Glock bump eliminated and the pull is much more smooth. I actually don't think the trigger is really any lighter, just crisper and more comfortable to pull. So far 100 rounds down range with the new set up with no light strikes , ftf/ftes. $25 bucks and about an hour of work really goes far!

Glad to see al the responses. In the end I did the whole kit and kaboodle. Ghost inc ultimate, lone wolf springs, and a 25 cent trigger job with flints polish. I absolutely love the results. I don't carry this gun but I don't think it's too light to carry either. Glock bump eliminated and the pull is much more smooth. I actually don't think the trigger is really any lighter, just crisper and more comfortable to pull. So far 100 rounds down range with the new set up with no light strikes , ftf/ftes. $25 bucks and about an hour of work really goes far!

Glad youre happy!

When you guys polish the contact points, do you remove the polishing oils with a solvent afterwards?

I wonder if it is the oil residue that is making the smoother pull? I ask this because automotive polish has oils that fill in the microscopic imperfections in the surface.

Back
Top Bottom