Glock Slide Refinishing?

Drove to Harvard yesterday with G19, loaded 2 rds in mag and first 25 rds slide locked to rear but had 3 stovepipes. Adjusted grip next 25 rds and no more stovepipes but slide not locking to rear on empty mag. I've had occasional issues with slides on plastic pistols not locking to rear on empty mags. I hate having a death grip on pistols, no issues with my M9 or Sig M11. It goes bang thou 👍

I ordered 123 batteries for the TLR-1 light that came with pistol but found some in a closet. placed 2 in light with positive facing in, closed plate and nothing. Opened up back and reversed batteries and nothing. Now I'm pissed because they said in ad they tested light before shipment. Good thing they were closed because I was planning on calling and bitching them out until I looked closer at light and noticed the little diagrams on each side of light showing proper insertion. One positive in, one facing back. It works. DUH! :rolleyes:

Drove to Harvard yesterday with G19, loaded 2 rds in mag and first 25 rds slide locked to rear but had 3 stovepipes. Adjusted grip next 25 rds and no more stovepipes but slide not locking to rear on empty mag. I've had occasional issues with slides on plastic pistols not locking to rear on empty mags. I hate having a death grip on pistols, no issues with my M9 or Sig M11. It goes bang thou 👍
try it by hand, if it does lock on the empty mag by hand - but not by firing - means it may not go back far enough.
you can play with rod springs - look it up there, they used to have tungsten rods and spring kits

i would try a different (new) mag first, though.
ps. you may want to get a piece of a sandpaper on a pencil and work off that protrusion on the trigger safety when it is pressed in to level it with the trigger body to avoid future blisters on your trigger finger. it just looks from your picture gun was may be scratched from carry but was not really shot a lot. you are probably breaking it in right now that may explain hiccups.

Last edited:
stop with this tungsten guide rod business. A Glock pistol is tested to extremes with factory parts. with regards to reliability, anything that introduces new variable is a step in the wrong direction.

1. what magazines and how worn are the springs
2. what non-OEM parts are on the gun
3. what ammo

99.9% of the time the problem will be identified here. The other 0.1% glock will gladly fix.

stop with this tungsten guide rod business. A Glock pistol is tested to extremes with factory parts. with regards to reliability, anything that introduces new variable is a step in the wrong direction.

1. what magazines and how worn are the springs
2. what non-OEM parts are on the gun
3. what ammo

99.9% of the time the problem will be identified here. The other 0.1% glock will gladly fix.
Gun looks stock, LEO trade in. Hi cap mags that were included with purchase but modified to Ma. legal specs. Next time I'll bring different mags to swap out.

Gun looks stock, LEO trade in. Hi cap mags that were included with purchase but modified to Ma. legal specs. Next time I'll bring different mags to swap out.
I hope you got a nice discount from a new one.

Why would you want to refinish that? ... are you not planning to shoot it?

It has zero collector value.

The Glock is a working pistol, like a farm tractor, no need to refinish anything, just use it and replace parts as they wear.

"I hope you got a nice discount from a new one."

Dealer in VA. has a bunch of Glock G17/19 LEO trade ins, all come with 3 hi cap mags, night sights and streamlight TLR-1. Starting bid is $450 but he has a G17 with broken light for $349 on Gunbroker. Stocking up for when the SHTF and Maura is elected Governor [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom