Glock RTF2 Potential models

At the Manchester show, I was able to hold the RTF (rough textured frame) Glock 22. I didn't find the crescent slide serrations as [thinking] as I thought they were initially when I saw them online. Altogether, I was impressed with the texture and the positive grip. Felt very different, and after feeling it realized that I want one BAD!
I know that as of now this frame is only available on the 17 and 22.
Well I want a G20.
Anybody have any insider info on if/when that may happen?

I think Glock already dropped the RTF line. It has been out for a while now, but it looks like Glock is going with the new Gen 4 frames. With the Good old slide serations, and with the replaceable backstraps, and two piece recoil rod/spring assembly, these look like they are taking the cake.

Glock tired something different with the RTF frames, and now that they have been out for about a year, the response was pretty overwhelming that they were not likedby many. The biggest complaints were the "Opposite" faced slide serations, and the texture was TOO aggressive on many user's hands.

I think the line item RTF glocks are going to be a flash in the pan item and then the 4th gen models will overtake. I almost bought a 17 RTF, liked it. Would make smore sense if they made a 20SF - RTF and a 21SF - RTF. Those guns are harder to hold on to.

-Mike

I know that as of now this frame is only available on the 17 and 22.
Well I want a G20.
Anybody have any insider info on if/when that may happen?

its also available on the 19 and 23. I personally like the RTF2, especially the slide serrations. I hope to get a g19 this year if they are still available

4th Gen glocks will be using the RTF2 on the 17 and 22 models for the time being. They are also going back to the old school slide serrations, and will have adjustable back straps. Other models such as the 19, 23 and others will follow being offered in the RTF2

its also available on the 19 and 23. I personally like the RTF2, especially the slide serrations. I hope to get a g19 this year if they are still available

Yes...19 and 23 are now RTF2 as well. I have 22RTF.....it's pretty nice.....not a heck of a lot of difference...will wait to see 4th gen. I like the new slide serrations....gives a little class to a boring black gun.

Any idea when the 4th gen is out? I'm guessing they will release all models at the same time. No matter what, I'm getting a 20. There are a ton of reasons not to get one, but I don't care. Not a power freak or want the stopping power... just can't shake my first impression of the 10mm cartridge over 10 years ago.

Currently the Gen 4 Glock 22 is available.

The Gen4 17 will be released at the 2010 Shot Show.

Then the 19 and 23 Gen4's will be released, and so on and so on.

I actually called Glock a couple of days ago inquiring about when the Gen4 17's would be out beause I want to order one BADD! They gave me the above information, so I believe them. I am just impatient and dont want to wait, but soon, Ill have my Gen4 Glock 17 with night sights... muhahahaha [smile]

For some reason, I was confused with the RTF and the Gen4. Been out of the loop for many years, but just recently returned to the fold never to leave.
I had held a RTF G22 and was impressed with the grip, less so with the slide serrations. However, I had thought that WAS the gen4!
Now that I know there is a HUGE difference, I will wait for the gen4 G20 to come out before I grab any glock.
Prolly will nab a mini 9 glock for back-up as well as a j-frame.
In the meantime...hurry up Glock!!!!

Per a Glock rep today I was told that the RTF2 models are still available but that they're pretty much going with the Gen4 design. Some people complained about the model number saying 22Gen4 on the slide, but this is because Gen4 slides and frames are not compatible with older models due to the new dual recoil spring assembly and the need for a larger recoil spring cut-out. I really liked the changeable backstraps though, the larger one gave the 22 a 20/21 like feel and it put the pad of my finger right on the trigger like it's supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom