Glock Preban Mags not returned from Smyrna

MotorHead

NES Member
Anyone else from MA (or elsewhere) have their preban High capacity magazines not returned from Glock? My G19 was sent for slide refinishing and I was specifically told they would replace the springs and followers in the preban mags. Very disappointed with Glock.

Why not call them instead of complaining here? I'm sure that Glock will make it right for you, but none of us can really help you with this problem.

Thanks Len, I plan on calling them Monday. I was interested in hearing if anyone else experienced a problem with preban mags not being returned.

I had Glock send new springs and followers to my local armorer and he replaced them for me along with repairing the guns. I never sent a gun to Glock due to outrageous cost of FedEx/UPS to ship, much cheaper to deal locally and it helps to have a friend who is a Glock armorer.

Pretty sure they never send old mags back when you send your gun in for refinishing. I lost the pinky extensions on my G26 mags when I sent it in.

Anyone else from MA (or elsewhere) have their preban High capacity magazines not returned from Glock? My G19 was sent for slide refinishing and I was specifically told they would replace the springs and followers in the preban mags. Very disappointed with Glock.

Did you send it in with old non-drop free mags or what?

I sent five (5) magazines with the G19. Two were the non drop free originals. Three were, preban metal lined with the two metal dimples at the bottom and "9mm" stamped way below the position on post ban mags near the follower. When I spoke to the tech, we specifically discussed the vintage of all the magazines. I hope Glock will make good on these, as Len said. As you can imagine, I spent a lot of time and money aquiring these preban mags over the years.

I sent five (5) magazines with the G19. Two were the non drop free originals. Three were, preban metal lined with the two metal dimples at the bottom and "9mm" stamped way below the position on post ban mags near the follower. When I spoke to the tech, we specifically discussed the vintage of all the magazines. I hope Glock will make good on these, as Len said. As you can imagine, I spent a lot of time and money aquiring these preban mags over the years.

I've heard of Glock swapping them out for newer mags when they're sent in with the gun. Did they do this, or did the mags just disappear?

Talked to Fred in tech services the other day, I just sent in a bunch of mags for a refurb. He said as long as they are pre ban, they have no issue what so ever refurbing them and sending them back to MA. This will be the second time I have done this.

Thanks for your reply Redbos. That is good to hear. Fred was the one I originally spoke with before shipping everything out and he told me the same thing. We discussed the preban mags in detail and he said there would be no problem going through them. I will call him Monday to see if he can locate them. I am hoping this was an oversight in shipping or something like that.

Good news. Spoke with Fred and he is going to locate the preban mags and return them to me this week.

This is great news. Great post.

I too have lots of mags that need to be refurbished.

Now I know it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom