Glock G22 KB's......... Really???

Oh_Shit_Not_Again.jpg

[rofl]

Red and Scriv it was a joke, jasons got it.

IF you guys want I'll explain the humor behind it. The joke comes from people who do not know much about glocks. when refering to glock's in .40 S&W they call it Glock 40 when in reality its Glock model 22. And they think a Glock 22 shoots a .22 caliber bullet. Im not a glock expert but i do know the difference between some of the models, enough to know that a glock 22 shoots a .40 S&W.

Maybe you guys weren't paying attention but at the bottom of my post I wrote " Some one had to say it and I don't mind being that guy"

then again maybe I should have used Fortay instead of 40

Well, if you has said "Fo - Tay," we'd have gotten it.

What he said. I love my Glock Fo_Tay 23. You mean it's not 23 caliber. Damn I been thinking I have not been able to find any ammo because of the shortage........ I was actually thinking about trading in for a 22 because I see tons of ammo for that and it is cheap.

Last edited:
totally not related, but. While I was reading this I realized its been over a year since I found NES and started my LTC proccess........ Also realized I was still a "non paying free loader " so had to fix that! gone green!!

totally not related, but. While I was reading this I realized its been over a year since I found NES and started my LTC proccess........ Also realized I was still a "non paying free loader " so had to fix that! gone green!!

Well done sir.

Where do you shoot?

the glock 22 is one of the most popular duty weapons for law enforcement, possibly the most popular. There are millions and millions of them out there. The chances of one Kabooming are slim to none. Dont shoot reloads, and dont worry about it blowing up.

unbiased opinion right there.

The way I read his post the first round was a squib and the second round kaboomed and violently locked the slide back.

Acknowledged.

But HOW did said second round get into the battery?

A squib should not cycle the slide, suggesting the shooter FAILED to note the squib, despite having to cycle the slide by hand.

The way I read his post the first round was a squib and the second round kaboomed and violently locked the slide back.
That can't happen. A squib that doesn't leave the barrel can't cycle the slide.

Shit, I've fired lots of downloaded rounds that not only left the barrel, but hit the target with a decent degree of accuracy that didn't have sufficient power to cycle the slide on a Glock.

Acknowledged.

A squib should not cycle the slide, suggesting the shooter FAILED to note the squib, despite having to cycle the slide by hand.

Which excludes the "double tap rapid fire" scenario.

Last edited:
Acknowledged.

That can't happen. A squib that doesn't leave the barrel can't cycle the slide.

Shit, I've fired lots of downloaded rounds that not only left the barrel, but hit the target with a decent degree of accuracy that didn't have sufficient power to cycle the slide on a Glock.

Which excludes the "double tap rapid fire" scenario.

Palm forehead. Sorry I fail.[sad]

Palm forehead. Sorry I fail.[sad]

No, you didn't.

They guy that made it up did. BCEagleAce style.

Either that or he unconsciously manually cycled the slide because of the all the high-speed-low-drag-tactical-double-tap-mall-ninja-training exercises.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned in detail...

The problem with G22's, is that they lack a fully supported chamber. Unsupported chambers and the 40 S&W are not a compatible combination. I could give you the technical reasons for such, but I'd have to have my buddy refresh me on the specifics.

Glock kB!

I also don't think that it's any kind of coincidence that the majority of issues reported with Glock explosions are coming from police department ranges.

what's a squib?
(newb here)

When a round doesn't have enough power (or powder) behind it, so it gets lodged in the barrel. That's what killed Brandon Lee on the set of the movie The Crow. Well, a squib and negligent staff.

You had a squib that didn't leave the barrel but had enough power to cycle the slide? I've never heard of that before.

There's pictures on Glocktalk and elsewhere online of barrels with a bulge near the middle of them from people shooting squibs out of their barrel successfully, although I don't know if it was after manually cycling the slide. I've never had a squib.

The problem with G22's, is that they lack a fully supported chamber. Unsupported chambers and the 40 S&W are not a compatible combination. I could give you the technical reasons for such, but I'd have to have my buddy refresh me on the specifics.

Glock changed the design to give the chambers more support in the newer models, although some still feel that it's not supported enough. They keep it loose for reliability, so that the gun will feed anything.

I stand by my account of the squib cycling the action. A google search "can a squib cycle the action" yielded a number of accounts of squibs cycling the action. I cite 5 such examples.

I've -NEVER- seen a squib cycle the action, and I've seen a crap ton of them at local bowling pin shoots. If it is the typical no powder scenario, the gun will not cycle, and in most cases the bullet won't leave the barrel. Then again, maybe I'm biased.... because I haven't spent a lot of time around people with guns that are way undersprung so they can shoot mouse farts out of their gun. All I know is if I intentionally produced a squib, none of the handguns that -I- own, would cycle, on a typical primer only squib, with the jacketed bullets I use.

-Mike

Last edited:
Glock changed the design to give the chambers more support in the newer models, although some still feel that it's not supported enough. They keep it loose for reliability, so that the gun will feed anything.

Yep- I have an older 22 and the chamber is definitely "less" supported than my newer G35/G27 chambers... quite noticably actually.

My G36 sucks to shoot, but for some reason I like this little gun. I don't bring it to the range much, I don't cary it much, so why do I like it?

I do not own anything in the dreaded .40, but with the .40 glocks I could actually hit the target.

Last edited:
My G35 sucks to shoot, but for some reason I like this little gun. I don't bring it to the range much, I don't cary it much, so why do I like it?

I do not own anything in the dreaded .40, but with the .40 glocks I could actually hit the target.

Huh?? The G35 is the larger, longer Glock .40, not usually a carry gun. Are you referring to the G27?

I've shot several thousand reloads through my 17 over the past five years without any problems.

The 9mm Glocks are built like tanks overall. You can probably shoot 9mm Major through a G17/G19 without any trouble, although you probably won't be able to re-use the brass afterwards. [laugh]

I know people that regularly used to shoot 9mm Hirtenberger and 9mm UZI subgun ammo through G17s, and never had a problem. They worse out the recoil springs faster, but that was about it.

-Mike

17's are definitely built like tanks. I am of the opinion that if you reload carefully, use decent components and do not attempt to push the envelope while using certain guns (like Glocks) you can shoot reloads through just about any modern pistol. I actually trust my reloaded ammunition more than I trust factory.

The 9mm Glocks are built like tanks overall. You can probably shoot 9mm Major through a G17/G19 without any trouble, although you probably won't be able to re-use the brass afterwards. [laugh]

I know people that regularly used to shoot 9mm Hirtenberger and 9mm UZI subgun ammo through G17s, and never had a problem. They worse out the recoil springs faster, but that was about it.

-Mike

well, I caved Picked up one of the unissued G22's from Match Shot in Gardner this eve. Now to order 9mm .357 sig barrels and a .22 conversion kit[smile]

edit: let the hand grenade jokes begin.....[wink]

Last edited:
I had this happen to me while at the range one day. A friends Remington 1858 with an after market cylinder in 45LC, home made re-loads. Three shots into my practice, she blew up in my hands. Thankfully it failed as best it could - outward and not towards me. I caught some shrapnel in the face, probably primer lube or grease, but nothing to write home about. The cylinder, which blew into three pieces, had to be pried out of the walls of the shooting stall. I didnt really even notice when it happened, except for the little dink I cought in the face. There was no violent explosion or sound - it just blew up. Weird huh? Upon inspection the walls of the after market cylinder were pretty darn thin, and who knows how much powder was in the round that went off. Note the bent top strap. I felt pretty bad, the gun owner and reloader felt much worse. Call it a draw. Lucky me!

KB2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom