Glock 43 with Trijicon HD Night sights really LOW?

A while back I installed Trijicon HD night sights on my Glock 43, and I just couldn't seem to find the right Sight picture. I chalked it up to shooting like crap (which I do, I'm still learning) but yesterday at the range, I was shooting really really low. I had to have my sights on TOP of the target that was only 30 feet away.

1) Anyway to fix this?
2) anyone else have a Glock 43 and what sights are you using?

Thanks!

Did you put the correct sights on the gun? (correct part number etc).

Try shooting the gun from a rest if you can.

-Mike

Did you put the correct sights on the gun? (correct part number etc).

Try shooting the gun from a rest if you can.

-Mike

I had it installed ad MFS. The package is correct and I verified the part number on the website. It's just really odd. I tried it from a rest. I was shooting plates at HSA and I was just shocked how I wasn't hitting anything, then once I started to adjust where I was aiming, I was lining up the sights and holding the 3 dots above the plates. Not sure if I was just close to the target and the sights are for further distances or not. Just curious if other's experienced this before I go hunting for newer sights.

I had it installed ad MFS. The package is correct and I verified the part number on the website. It's just really odd. I tried it from a rest. I was shooting plates at HSA and I was just shocked how I wasn't hitting anything, then once I started to adjust where I was aiming, I was lining up the sights and holding the 3 dots above the plates. Not sure if I was just close to the target and the sights are for further distances or not. Just curious if other's experienced this before I go hunting for newer sights.

I just find this bizarre, I frequently shot mine at 25 feet and had no problems with it, if I hang a B29 (minute of infant target lol) at 25 feet and shoot at the
head, lining up the top round part with the top part of the head, if I do my part POA is pretty close to POI.

If it's so bad that you're many many inches down on the target only three things are possible-

-the gun is f***ed up (and you didn't really run it with the stock sights to vet this out, so it was missed)
and/or
-the front sight is the wrong height (either manufacturing defect or wrong sights in package or something)
or
-you're using the sights horrendously wrong somehow ( I find this hard to fathom, the circle goes in the cup, not rocket science).

-Mike

the trijicon HD's have a large front sight that tends to lower the POI a bit compared to other sights. that being said it should not be shooting low. the stock 43 sights require a 6 o'clock hold so if you've got the right sights then it shouldn't lower the POI so much as described.

1) how many other people have shot this pistol? if only you, then have some other people shoot it before coming to any conclusion. that or bench rest it although honeslty other shooters are more useful IMO.

2) what slide/barrel are you using? OEM or aftermarket?

I just find this bizarre, I frequently shot mine at 25 feet and had no problems with it, if I hang a B29 (minute of infant target lol) at 25 feet and shoot at the
head, lining up the top round part with the top part of the head, if I do my part POA is pretty close to POI.

If it's so bad that you're many many inches down on the target only three things are possible-

-the gun is f***ed up (and you didn't really run it with the stock sights to vet this out, so it was missed)
and/or
-the front sight is the wrong height (either manufacturing defect or wrong sights in package or something)
or
-you're using the sights horrendously wrong somehow ( I find this hard to fathom, the circle goes in the cup, not rocket science).

-Mike

Totally agree with you. Not sure if the gun is f***ed up or not, I shot with stock sights for a little bit and was at least able to put it on paper ok at 25 feet. Not super tight groupings, but was hitting it.

definitely going to have others try it and see if I can get it from a rest.

the trijicon HD's have a large front sight that tends to lower the POI a bit compared to other sights. that being said it should not be shooting low. the stock 43 sights require a 6 o'clock hold so if you've got the right sights then it shouldn't lower the POI so much as described.

1) how many other people have shot this pistol? if only you, then have some other people shoot it before coming to any conclusion. that or bench rest it although honeslty other shooters are more useful IMO.

2) what slide/barrel are you using? OEM or aftermarket?

OEM slide and everything else. Nothing changed. Just the sight. I will have others shoot it first and bench shoot but this is weird.

I bought Meprolights for a G27 and had the same problem. Took a pair of calipers to the slide and sure enough front sight was off over 20 thousandths. Found a Tru-Glo front that took it from .160 to .180 and now I am right on target...

Back
Top Bottom