Glock 41 Conversion barrel??? Use Glock 40 barrel?

mrmags

Banned
I have a Glock 41. I would like to shoot 10mm out of it. I havnt found a conversion barrel yet as i dont think they make one. But i see they now have a Glock 40....Same size gun and slide. But in 10mm. Im wondering if this barrel will fit. KKM makes a target Glock 40 6" barrel. Maybe theres a Glock armorer that knows....I know someone in the braintrust must have something!
Thanks fellas....

no a G40 barrel will not fit in a G41. the external dimensions of the 10mm barrels are smaller.

if you want to convert your G41 to a 10mm, i would suggest getting a gen 4 10mm slide. the ejector housing is the same so wouldn't need any frame work to be done. just swap your slide and off you go. the other reason to get a dedicated 10mm slide is so that you can employ other conversion barrels such as 357 sig, 9mm dillon, etc.

The G41 slide is significantly slimmer (and lighter) than the G40 slide. In fact, the G41 slide is the same thickness as the smaller caliber Glock slides (.40, 9mm...). The G36, Glock's subcompact slimline 45, also utilizes the thinner slide.

The good news is that your G41 frame is identical to a 10mm frame like Squib308 said, so a G40 slide will pop right on and run fine.

I was going to recommend a 45 to 10 conversion barrel from Lone Wolf, but it doesn't appear that they (or anyone) make them now that I look.

As stated above, standard 10mm barrels (G40) will not fit, nor will any of the G21 based conversion barrels work (G21T to 10, etc)

FWIW, if you decide to buy a used slide and come across a G21 slide before a G20 or G40 slide, they do make G21 to G20 conversion barrels of varying lengths.

So, are you saying that the 41 is the same as the 21 frame, with the different slide/barrel added? i.e. a G21 could take a G41 slide/barrel (if you could find them separately), or a G41 could take a G21 slide/barrel as well?

no a G40 barrel will not fit in a G41. the external dimensions of the 10mm barrels are smaller.

if you want to convert your G41 to a 10mm, i would suggest getting a gen 4 10mm slide. the ejector housing is the same so wouldn't need any frame work to be done. just swap your slide and off you go. the other reason to get a dedicated 10mm slide is so that you can employ other conversion barrels such as 357 sig, 9mm dillon, etc.
So, will a Glock 41 barrel have a tight fit on a Glock 21 or will it need a bushing?

So, will a Glock 41 barrel have a tight fit on a Glock 21 or will it need a bushing?

a G41 barrel should fit fine in a G21 gen 4. It will look retarded though. The 45acp gains very little from longer barrels (low pressure cartridge) so there’s really no point to an extended barrel G21. I briefly owned a G41 and while it was a fine pistol the G21 always had my heart so the G41 got sold to a fellow NESer.

BTW why the OP @mrmags got ban hammer? maybe he put a G41 barrel in a G21? I think I’m allowed to assume his pronoun since he is a “Mr.”

Back
Top Bottom