Glock 33 Round Happy Stick Just Sold For $800 on GunBroker

This is terrible on so many levels, but the one that immediately comes to mind is that the fullest extent of gun rights is withheld to only those who can afford it in some states. I mean, good on the seller I guess for capitalizing, but the underlying system is broken.

This is terrible on so many levels, but the one that immediately comes to mind is that the fullest extent of gun rights is withheld to only those who can afford it in some states. I mean, good on the seller I guess for capitalizing, but the underlying system is broken.
That's part of the left's agenda - make shooting unaffordable. Remember when they waged a war against Saturday night specials, since clearly poor families in high-crime urban areas shouldn't be able to protect themselves? Same story with the ammo taxes they like to talk about.

IDK why these kids do this to themselves...go to a non-FUDD range with your non-FUDD Marsha sticks and be happy. The only preban mag I paid for was like $85 and it was a U-notch Glock 17 with an extension. I was kicking myself about it afterwards. I could never bring myself to buy preban mags again with these prices!

IDK why these kids do this to themselves...go to a non-FUDD range with your non-FUDD Marsha sticks and be happy. The only preban mag I paid for was like $85 and it was a U-notch Glock 17 with an extension. I was kicking myself about it afterwards. I could never bring myself to buy preban mags again with these prices!
I have a bunch of pre-bans, never paid more than ~$55 for one. People just aren't willing to do the legwork to find them at reasonable prices, but if the prices really were that high I would absolutely rather have half a dozen ten-round mags than one $100 pre-ban.

If I use a golf club handle from 1993 to speed load my single action revolver can I sell it as a preban high capacity feeding device?

If I use a golf club handle from 1993 to speed load my single action revolver can I sell it as a preban high capacity feeding device?

Sure, why not? Boris had shown us a few years back that even a soda bottle can be a high capacity feeding device.

Are you talking about a device that holds several mags together? If they're separate mags that you still have to change, sure... but that doesn't really make it a standard cap mag. I doubt the mag changes are any quicker vs belt pouches.
I find your failure to account for aesthetic factors to be disturbing.
[rofl]

with cross engineering magazine base connecters and side clamps you can make 20, 30, 40 rounds mags out of 10 rounders legally without altering the capacity

Yeah, but while we're playing pretend capacity in MA, sticking two 10-round mags together, people in free states are laughing at us in coupled full capacity mags.

magazine-grip-dual-magazine-clamp-for-9mm-mp5-mp5k-magazines-2.jpg

Holy crap, I just noticed how much Reptile is selling mags for here in the classifieds. [rofl] Not only are half of them not pre-ban (or at best questionable to the point where I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole) but they're priced 5x what they're worth! [rofl]

Holy crap, I just noticed how much Reptile is selling mags for here in the classifieds. [rofl] Not only are half of them not pre-ban (or at best questionable to the point where I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole) but they're priced 5x what they're worth! [rofl]
They look legit to me. Low caliber markers and two dots near bottom witness holes. I thought those were two "tells" of preban on squares. Although, I also know this goes back and forth a lot.

They look legit to me. Low caliber markers and two dots near bottom witness holes. I thought those were two "tells" of preban on squares. Although, I also know this goes back and forth a lot.
I have yet to find any source other than "he said, she said" regarding the placement of caliber markings, dots, etc. Last time I asked this question I was referred to a book; so I purchase said book and found no such confirmation.

I have yet to find any source other than "he said, she said" regarding the placement of caliber markings, dots, etc. Last time I asked this question I was referred to a book; so I purchase said book and found no such confirmation.
I've been in the mag game since 1993.
Before I even bought my 1st gun I was for some reason fascinated by the look, quality, and durability of Glock mags.
I bought my first Glock mag many years before owning a Glock - or any gun for that matter.

I have observed over the past 30 years the progression of the Glock mags in real time by observation and experience by attending gun shows religiously for the past 25 years.

All I ever do is research mags. I recall the changes to mags after the AWB ended versus the LEO / MIL mags that were made during the ban. There were key identifiable features that have come and gone over the years. My greatest vindication was when Patrick Sweeney came out with his book...

Amazon product ASIN 0896896420View: https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Book-Glock-2nd/dp/0896896420

It has 14 pages of details about pre ban Glock mags. I would love to post the JPEGs of those pages but it is a copyright violation. The kindle version is on $14 for the book anyway, so I want him to get his money. He is a great source of info as were past Glock Armorer classes where the instructors used to talk about pre ban mags. Now, nobody cares.

The section in NES about gun laws and Glock Pre Bans has lots of details brought forth over the past 20 years, also.

I don't think there is a single person in Massachusetts (the last pre ban state) that has obsessed exclusively as much as I have about pre ban Glock mags.

I would never testify in court for the state, however. Even Glock will deny the state any details about Glock mags in criminal cases. If you have foresight, you can err on the side of caution and get obvious ore bans to avoid the state trying to jam you up. Their lawyers have the same access to info as we do.

Everything anybody wants to know about pre ban Glock mags is on the internet or in books and can be verified by features that were or were not around at certain dates.

There is also the little known tidbits like how 10,000 pre ban mags actually have high caliber markings because they were made as Glock was transitioning to LEO / MIL markings just before the ban. Numerous people have documented that and they even talk about it in the book.

Paying a premium for a pre ban mags is insurance against getting charged for a major felony in Mass. Fully metal lined drop free mags will last forever. My CCW has had the same mag for 10 years. The defensive ammo gets cycled every year but the mag is perfect and the springs don't hardly get used. I feel confidant that I can carry wherever legal and can back up my pre ban mags with documentation from noted Glock historians that they are in fact legal.

@Reptile your whole post covers the exact two arguments I already mentioned:
1) A lot of conjecture that's inadmissible (that you even admit you can't testify to);
2) It's Pat's book, which I own. I'll summarize what it says:
  • Glock mag generations went from the original unmarked ones, to the u-notch NFML mags, to the FML drop-free mags (more on these soon), to the 10-round and LEO/govt marked mags.
  • The meaning of the caliber marking position is NOT objective - Pat says so himself.
  • As far as square-notch versus slant-notch, Pat literally says "no word from Glock", so this too is conjecture.
We had this exact conversation three years ago: MA: Identifying Pre-Ban Glock Mags

You can have slant-notch mags at your own risk but they are NOT definitively pre-ban (imho/afaik). If you can get expert witnesses to testify that they're pre-ban, more power to you, but until I see a record of such testimony I'll stick with square notch mags.

Mic-1436636346.gif

@Reptile your whole post covers the exact two arguments I already mentioned:
1) A lot of conjecture that's inadmissible (that you even admit you can't testify to);
2) It's Pat's book, which I own. I'll summarize what it says:
  • Glock mag generations went from the original unmarked ones, to the u-notch NFML mags, to the FML drop-free mags (more on these soon), to the 10-round and LEO/govt marked mags.
  • The meaning of the caliber marking position is NOT objective - Pat says so himself.
  • As far as square-notch versus slant-notch, Pat literally says "no word from Glock", so this too is conjecture.
We had this exact conversation three years ago: MA: Identifying Pre-Ban Glock Mags

You can have slant-notch mags at your own risk but they are NOT definitively pre-ban (imho/afaik). If you can get expert witnesses to testify that they're pre-ban, more power to you, but until I see a record of such testimony I'll stick with square notch mags.

Mic-1436636346.gif

High caliber marking is not proof of post ban...

BUT: Low caliber marking is proof of pre ban. You can't have low caliber markings because only post ban high caps said "LEO / MIL RESTRICTED" in place of where the low marking used to be. Once the post ban high caliber markings were raised they stayed high to this day.

A "slant" angle is not proof of post ban...

BUT: "Slant" angle PLUS "Low Caliber Marking" PLUS "2 silver mystery dots" PLUS "Straight Shoulder" = Pre Ban.
I wound not touch a slant angle without the above features.

Regarding court testifying: I would provide evidence to a the defense of pre ban features but I would not testify for the state against a person. I don't want anybody do get jammed up for any mag violation.

Wait. Where are these religious gun shows??? Does that mean they hand out free magazines or they are going to require a "larger donation" for magazines??? I guess I should know that before going to one.

Back
Top Bottom