Glock 23 calibre conversion.

I recently aquired a Glock 23 but prefer my pistols in 9mm. I have been informed that its a easy barrel swap to 9mm or .357.
1) Has anyone here done this?
2) What is the reliability?
3) Did accuracy suffer?
4) Can you really fit 9mm in a double stack .40 mag?

If someone knows the answers to these questions it would be great!

i installed a lone wolf 357 sig into a g22, works like a champ. few thousand rounds and no issues. accuracy is fine, why wouldn't it be?

you need to use a 9mm mag for 9mm. the 357 sig is based off the .40 so i can use the same glock .40 mags.

Dropping in a .357 barrel and using .40 magazines will make your G23 identical to a reliable factory .357 Glock.

I'd rather carry a Hi-Point, or even a Caracal, than a G23 converted to 9mm. You can't use 9mm ammo in .40 mags because the feed lips are too wide.

i'm not fond of that conversion my self, .40 to 9mm, for a carry gun. i have been shot in the back numerous times for voicing that opinion but would stick on conversions where the parent case is the same. hey, my opinion...i know on the glock boards some of the "experts" do it with no problems.

My thing is I was given the .40 and would probably leave it as .40 for carry. but at the range when i'm putting 200 rounds through it it would be nice to use the cheaper 9mm

It's a stupid idea. You're better off dumping the G23 and getting a 19.

I will admit I'm really biased though, I generally ****ing hate caliber conversions. Like really hate them, to the point of almost being irrational. The same way I hate 1-877 Kars 4 Kids and the Paul McCartney "wonderful christmastime" song. [laugh]

-Mike

Buy a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and a couple 9mm magazines and you're in business. Works like a champ. I have a Glock 33, 23 and 22 that I have conversion barrels and mags for. The 40/357 mags will work but may have a tendency to feed a little high causing jams. I just use the 9mm mags to alleviate that possibility. Like drgrant above I'm not a big fan of conversions but the Glocks seem to work fine with cross converting. All that being said, I wouldn't carry it converted just because of reliability concerns.

Buy a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and a couple 9mm magazines and you're in business. Works like a champ.

+1 Yep, no issues. I bought a few 9mm mags to use but I don't get a lot of problems using the standard Glock 23 mags either. Failures with the 40 mags shooting 9mm is about the same for me as the occasional bad batch of win white box. Good stuff.

Buy a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and a couple 9mm magazines and you're in business. Works like a champ.

+1 Yep, no issues. I bought a few 9mm mags to use but I don't get a lot of problems using the standard Glock 23 mags either. Failures with the 40 mags shooting 9mm is about the same for me as the occasional bad batch of win white box. Good stuff.

This. I have a 9mm conversion barrel for a G22, but it's not an EDC. I tried 9mm in Glock 40 mags without success, so I bought a couple of G17 10-round mags that work just fine.

I also have a Sig P229 in .40 with a .357 SIG conversion barrel. Again, no problems with changing out barrels and it uses the same .40 mags.

I have done a lot of these I love the G23 or G32 because with barrel swaps and a 9mm mag you can have a 3 caliber gun. 40S&W, 357 Sig and 9mm. Just do it, the cost is low and it is easy to do. Glocks are great for caliber conversions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom