• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Enfield conversions

Broc

NES Member
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this...

I have a Mauser in 45-70, I would love to have an Enfield converted to 45-70. I have been reading online, looks like these conversions are not too difficult and a competent gunsmith should be able to do them. But I would like to find someone that has done this before.

Does anyone know of a company / gunsmith that does this work?

Enfields have odd barrel threads, so your best bet is starting with a sewer pipe bore, and have it drilled out.

I don't know anyone doing the work, but an old-school gunsmith with the right machine tools can do it.

There was a company that rebarreled No4's into 45/70.

Gibbs is the name.

Buddy bought one, despite the praise they get, we can't get it to shoot for shit.
That's because it was Gibbs, AKA "Navy Arms".

Their work makes the wizards at Century look like master gunsmiths.

They chopped up a lot of guns to create things that never really existed, like their "Tanker" carbines.

"Junkgibbishy" is a term for a reason.

That's because it was Gibbs, AKA "Navy Arms".

Their work makes the wizards at Century look like master gunsmiths.

They chopped up a lot of guns to create things that never really existed, like their "Tanker" carbines.

"Junkgibbishy" is a term for a reason.
Hmm, didnt know that. My albeit brief look into them via forums and such, seemed like their Enfield conversions had a lot of fans.

With my buddies rifle, I loaded cast, from .457s through .459s, low to high, then jacketed, then factory, threw everything at it to no avail. Its basically a club that goes boom lol

Back
Top Bottom