1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Glock 19X

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MALDENQB02, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

the 19X is another solution looking for a problem. why would one run a full length grip and shorter sight radius? no point. can always just get a 19 sized pistol and run a 17 mag if you want. still has enough grip length for entire hand. if the 19X gets someone excited then whatever why not just buy it and enjoy but from a functional perspective it offers nothing over a standard 17 or 19 (unless a lanyard loop is important). the funniest part is the gen 5 mags won't even fit until the baseplates are exchanged for standard ones. so it's a glock that doesn't run on glock mags. bravo.

2. MALDENQB02

MALDENQB02

I like it. Everyone has their own perspectives. Just because it doesn’t fit any need you may have doesn’t mean it will not fit anyone else’s.

You may be someone who conceal carries everyday, and yes the 19x really isn’t designed for concealed carry. I would use it for a work gun. It would be great for me.

3. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

although a huge glock fan, the gen 5 really does nothing for me. ambi slide stop? nah. flared mag well? nah, nice but I can live without it. elimination of finger grooves? nope, I like 'em. the reason I retired my gen 2s. contoured slide nose, new barrel design and finish? not enough for me to buy one. but...I like the orange follower!!!
    I do like the x but only because I have an interest in military pistols and that includes submitted losers. probably get one sometime to scratch that itch.
    a glock is a glock is a glock is a glock. [laugh] if they change the design too radically is it still a glock? dunno.

4. 84ta406

84ta406 Dealer NES Member

They got it backwards for me.. my smaller hands don't need a huge grip like that haha. This is why I built a G22, cut the grip down to G23 length, and swapped the barrel out for a Storm Lake .357 SIG one. The longer sight radius and barrel length really sling the lead down range.

5. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2

its not just the list he has to think about when selling a particular firearm, but thats something that has been hashed out on this forum a thousand times over.

GoodWillHunting likes this.
  6. USMCSGT

USMCSGT

As of now, a new March 2019 MA Attorney General's Approved Firearms Roster has come out. The 19 Gens 4, 5 and X are all on it and approved.

7. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

There's about a 99.9% chance you got fakes unless you got them from a real full-service cigar shop or an LCDH. Some of the duty free airport shops abroad are OK too, although you'll usually overpay. The fake cuban thing is big business in most of those tourist places. The fakes range from being worse than machine made cigars to halfway decent relabeled dominican golf cigar bulk smokes and then some. There's also in the past few years been a legion of higher-quality fakes as well, although the tourist trap places usually don't sell those.

-Mike

ReluctantDecoy likes this.
  8. snax

snax NES Member

Is it the approved roster and the other AG "list "(https://www.mass.gov/doc/940-cmr-16-handgun-sales/download) or just the approved roster?
    I think they are still "banned" under her regs.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  9. drgrant

There is no such thing. Are you talking about the EOPS roster? (Protip: The AG has nothing to do with the EOPS roster).

-Mike

10. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

It’s on the EOPS roster, along with a bunch of other Glocks. About damn time.

Hopefully now the MA “Glock tax” is dead. Some of the prices were just asinine.

11. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

Also, has the Colt AR-15 always been on the high capacity roster? I can’t remember if it was there before or not.

12. firestorm

firestorm

You are aware that the reason for the "Glock tax" is the AG secret list that they still don't pass right? Just call around until you find someone who doesn't care and will sell you what you want, or use one of the workarounds. It isn't hard.

13. ReluctantDecoy

ReluctantDecoy

I was down in the DR once and every street tout was pushing "real cubans". There's no way those were real. That being said, I believe you could actually get them in more reputable places, but there were so many good local varieties at cheaper prices, that it wasn't entirely worth it. Toured a tobacco farm and factory and got some great smokes.

drgrant likes this.
  14. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

Oh I know. I bought my G19 Gen5 MOS new.

15. drgrant

It’ll -never- be dead as long as nippleheads/lazy people exist willing to overpay for stuff because it’s convenient...

16. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

I'm thinking I'd do that, plus swap slides for .40 cal, then drop in a 9mm conversion barrel. Now that would be cool.

17. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

You could be right. I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty...