• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 17 New Build

I have a Glock 17 Gen 3 stripped frame and looking for suggestions on a parts selection for completing a good quality build at as decent a price as I can. Not in need of super competition quality just as good as I can for as little as I can get away with....

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Interesting to see the lean toward Glock OEM stuff with all the aftermarket parts out there. I had priced out all Lone Wolf parts and was kissing 700.00

Took a look at new Glock G17 Gen 3 slide, barrel, rod, spring on eBay, 385.00 ?

I have a Glock 17 Gen 3 stripped frame and looking for suggestions on a parts selection for completing a good quality build at as decent a price as I can. Not in need of super competition quality just as good as I can for as little as I can get away with....

Hi Lorenzoj,
Me too!
i bought a used gen2 G17 at the gunshow yesterday and intend to build a longslide target gun / plinker using the frame. It will be a G34 with a red dot sight when finished.

Since I handload and cast bullets, I will be able to shoot the 9mm cheaper than .22.
Since reasonably priced .22 plinking ammo is no longer available, and no relief in sight, there is every reason to do this.

I had originally thought of doing a G17L but it seems that the slightly shorter G34 is the favored gun these days.

The Lone Wolf slides and barrels seem to have a good reputation and I'm not aware of much competition in this area.

Is there anything that I should consider before starting this build?

Jack

Id look in classifieds for complete top ends. Arfcom's EE usually has glock take offs for less than a Lonewolf or other aftermarket. Was going to pick up a 17 complete top half for $285. Only reason I passed was I got a crazy deal on a lonewolf 34 top half.

You should get the cheapest, oldest, poor quality G17 oem parts you can find. The cheaper and the worse the condition the better.

Put them in the gun.

Then send it back to the factory and they will probably replace everything free.

Unrelated note can i buy a gn4 frame, ship it to a mass ffl. Would they transfer it since its not techbically a firearm persay? 4473? Then I could register it once completed?

Back
Top Bottom