• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Global Digital Solutions Files Form 8-K, Announces Unsolicited Letter of Intent to

GDSI has made an unsolicited offer to purchase freedom for $1.082 billion in cash.

About Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. (Freedom Group, Inc.)

Freedom describes itself as the world's leading innovator, designer, manufacturer and marketer of firearms, ammunition and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement and military markets. It indicates that, as one of the largest manufacturers in the world of firearms and ammunition, it has some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington®, Bushmaster® Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms™, Marlin®, H&R®, The Parker Gun™, Mountain Khakis®, Advanced Armament Corp.®, Dakota Arms®, Para™ USA and Barnes® Bullets. Additional information about Freedom is available by visiting www.freedom-group.com.

About Global Digital Solutions, Inc.

Global Digital Solutions is positioning itself as a leader in providing cyber arms manufacturing, complementary security and technology solutions and knowledge-based, cyber-related, culturally attuned social consulting in unsettled areas. For more information please visit http://www.gdsi.co.

Global digital solutions huh?

Sounds like a company that supports disarmament.

GDSI Gatekeeper, which combines advanced Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology with web-based wireless capabilities, will provide commercial and military customers with three essential safety and security benefits:

Encrypted, password-protected, digital, trigger-locking capability;
Secure, real-time online tracking; and
Encrypted, cloud-enabled databases.

"We're extremely excited about the potential for GDSI Gatekeeper," said GDSI's President and CEO Richard J. Sullivan. "This revolutionary suite of services represents a real breakthrough by leveraging the power of web-based, digital technology to enhance safety and security in the small arms arena, both in the commercial and military sectors. We think of it as personalized gun control and we believe the accessible worldwide market represents a multibillion dollar opportunity for GDSI."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...tions-for-commercial-and-milit-241632671.html

I don't want integrated electronics in my guns.

And so this doesn't get lost, here is a pic of all the manufacturers owned by Freedom group and if the sale is completed, GDSI.

864x230xScreen-Shot-2014-03-11-at-8.46.06-PM.png.pagespeed.ic._GXZCBNoGF.jpg

Some of the things listed as highlights from his time as CEO of Applied

"The first-ever FDA-approved, human-implantable RFID tags that continue to be used by several foreign militaries;
The first proof-of-concept implanted GPS-wireless tracking device which was successfully implanted in a sheep in 2002; and
The first-of-their-kind GPS-wireless tracking devices still sold to and used by probation and corrections offices around the country"

Richard J. Sullivan
561-515-6163
[email protected]

so they want to do the personalized gun thing, they want the government to make it mandatory but they need a major supplier on board first... solution, BECOME a major supplier

it all makes sense

what were Freedom's profits last year?

Projected sales for this year are 1.25 billion with an expected ebitda of about 240 million.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i suspect their sales will plunge if they try to apply that tech. i want nothing to do with it.

Let's not forget that Lizzy Warren's b!tch (aka RINO Scott Brown) was brought on as a "consultant" last year for this company. This stinks to high heaven--they'll miraculously make everything under the Freedom Arms banner a "smart" firearm...makes my tinfoil hat itch...

[tinfoil]

The firearms part does not make me happy, but the implantable RFID stuff boils my blood. I don't see the good in any of these technologies. Only the opportunity for them to be misused.

If this ends up happening and this technology becomes required...
I hope I can leave my damn gun, loaded anywhere I want.

Glad I own none of those brands :)

Sent from the blind

First of all, you should never be glad you don't own any gun. I won't rest until I've collected them all.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with Remington, Marlin etc. The scumbag con artists at GDSI filed a meaningless securities form to make a political statement. Don't help them out by bad mouthing legit gun makers.

I have nothing against Remington firearms and centerfire ammo but if this goes through I will avoid everything remington just like I do remington rimfire ammo.

My god why do I want myself or my firearms tracked and have the info stored on the cloud? It's bad enough carry permits get released on foi requests. Leave this stuff on the cloud and no matter how secure one thinks it is the hackers and cia are always one step ahead, oh and not to mention the stuff is sitting there waiting on a court order to release it.

Publicity stunt? Lack of resources to make such a purchase? I agree publicity is likely their game... But what if they have backers? Private equity group happy to participate? Squeeze out non-smartgun competition via legislation? Insurers / banks mandate their gun manufacturer clients employ such technology? Nah, that would never happen.

Back
Top Bottom