• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glass replica firearm found by TSA at Boston Logan Airport during security screening; traveler allowed to check the item

Reptile

NES Member
Transportation Security Administration agents at Boston Logan International Airport discovered one traveler attempting to carry on a glass replica firearm to their flight.

Massachusetts State Police responded after TSA found the item during a security screening, Dan Velez, TSA media spokesperson for New England, tweeted. The officers then allowed the traveler, originally from California, to check the item.

I can't find the salary of this Dan Velez that they pay to post on twitter.
And he is regional (New England). So they have multiple people doing this

EDIT. I think this is it.. Nice
VELEZ,DANIEL DISV$106,447.00

Transportation Security Administration agents at Boston Logan International Airport discovered one traveler attempting to carry on a glass replica firearm to their flight.

Massachusetts State Police responded after TSA found the item during a security screening, Dan Velez, TSA media spokesperson for New England, tweeted. The officers then allowed the traveler, originally from California, to check the item.

Which end does the weed go in?

“[…] detected this bad boy during security screening”

Detected?!?!

A blind f***ing chimpanzee could have “detected” that case.

TSA ... but I repeat myself ....

Which end does the weed go in?

You sir when the Internet for the day. But On all serious levels..That is a beautiful work of art I’ve worked with glass and it’s pretty nice. In the case. You’re looking at artwork

My guess is they wanted to open the case to see if it was a rifle I think I just told him straight out it’s not..When You check a case like that. There’s a little room to the right you go to. Where they look at it

Velez also reminded people then that “all firearms must be declared and properly packaged in your checked bag.”

What if it is beyond a shadow of doubt that something that looks like a rifle is obviously not?

Administrator's easiest answer is always no.

What if there was a glass blowing forge on the plane, he could form it into the shape of a bayonet.

Nice that they "let" the person check it.

You ever tried to bring a lighter that looks like a rifle? It's a "replica" so it can't be in Carry-On and must be Checked-in. But it is a lighter with fuel in it so it can't be Checked-In and must be Carried-On. Oops. Into the trash it goes.

gibson-343739-bl213463-main.jpg

Back
Top Bottom