Ghost gunners again...

I'm not fanatical about knowing all the laws and the ins-and-outs of everything about guns. I like to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, but I'm not interested in keeping up with every little aspect of Mass gun laws. When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws. Our forefathers stated that we have the right to keep and bear arms. That's what is important to me. I keep them in a safe with locks on them. When I transport them I keep the in the locked compartment of my truck. That's all I can remember.

Anyway, it sounds like you have to file an FA-10 form, and you don't need to provide a serial number on the form. I'm surprised they don't require that the serial number is listed on the FA-10 form.

Nice try Maura.

I'm not fanatical about knowing all the laws and the ins-and-outs of everything about guns. I like to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, but I'm not interested in keeping up with every little aspect of Mass gun laws. When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws. Our forefathers stated that we have the right to keep and bear arms. That's what is important to me. I keep them in a safe with locks on them. When I transport them I keep the in the locked compartment of my truck. That's all I can remember.

Anyway, it sounds like you have to file an FA-10 form, and you don't need to provide a serial number on the form. I'm surprised they don't require that the serial number is listed on the FA-10 form.

Not keeping up with the laws = going to prison in this state. Additionally ff you're not up to speed on the laws, and don't want to make an effort to become such, then you're really not responsible enough to own a firearm. Like them or not, we all have to live under them and obey them and ignorance is no excuse... So say the judges that hand down sentences anyway...

Aside from these forums being ripe with complaints about the stupidity of some of the laws they're also ripe with examples of .gov enforcing them and making examples of people just like you. Your attitude means you could be the next guy we read about in the paper with an "arsenal" of "ghost guns".

I would say that before you manufacturer anything from that 80% lower, you need to manufacture a new attitude about firearm ownership. It's a right, but also a responsibility and should be taken seriously. Especially considering the consequences here... You should know the laws, and keeping current on the legal framework we live under should be priority #1 at all times - forever.

There may be some who willing choose to disobey some of the laws. Or they lost their "assault weapons" in a boating accident. But you can bet your ass they know the laws in every detail.

.....and FYI... under Maura's new edict if you do turn that 80% lower into a functioning AR - you will have violated her interpretation of the assault weapons ban and will have committed a felony... One which carries a rather harsh prison stint. You will be in possession of a post-ban assault rifle. That's how she will see it. That's how law enforcement will enforce it. That's how prosecutors will prosecute it. That's how judges will sentence for it... That is the reality of the laws today. Furthermore, they will see/argue in court that your manufacturing from an 80% lower is a conscious and concerted effort to circumvent the ban. Meaning you'll most likely receive a very harsh sentence. Maybe even the maximum.

So ya know - it's a good idea to go post your plans on a public internet forum that law enforcement and Maura's office are known to frequent from time to time. That's why people here are so cynical about your post. It reeks of an entrapment trap.

Last edited:
Hi Maura? [wave]
2qhsgj.jpg

I find it odd he said "When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws." When I took the MA class for the LTC, I didn't get that impression and left the class quite confident in my new firearms knowledge. Maybe your class sucked. I took the GOAL class, but it was a while ago back in 2002.

I don't know if the OP's questions are legit or not (I suspect not, likely some kind of media person). But, in case anything is legit, I don't think you should be trying to do anything "clever"... stick to buying a hand gun or long run from an actual store in MA, store it and transport it according to MA law, and call it done. If you already own any kind of gun affected by the Healy edict, assume it is "illegal" and don't use it, probably should just turn it in at a "buy back" for a $50 Target card and keep it safe, especially since you admit the laws confuse you and you can't be bothered to figure them out. Don't reload. Don't modify any guns that you purchase. Certainly don't try to build any guns. Don't look for pre-ban mags or anything like that. Don't even so much as have a stripped lower or even a block of aluminum. Note this advice is specifically for you, not for other forum members who may be more inclined to figure out what the laws are.

I find it odd he said "When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws." When I took the MA class for the LTC, I didn't get that impression and left the class quite confident in my new firearms knowledge. Maybe your class sucked. I took the GOAL class, but it was a while ago back in 2002.

I don't know if the OP's questions are legit or not (I suspect not, likely some kind of media person). But, in case anything is legit, I don't think you should be trying to do anything "clever"... stick to buying a hand gun or long run from an actual store in MA, store it and transport it according to MA law, and call it done. If you already own any kind of gun affected by the Healy edict, assume it is "illegal" and don't use it, probably should just turn it in at a "buy back" for a $50 Target card and keep it safe, especially since you admit the laws confuse you and you can't be bothered to figure them out. Don't reload. Don't modify any guns that you purchase. Certainly don't try to build any guns. Don't look for pre-ban mags or anything like that. Don't even so much as have a stripped lower or even a block of aluminum. Note this advice is specifically for you, not for other forum members who may be more inclined to figure out what the laws are.

I never took the class. I learned this stuff on the street.

I never took the class. I learned this stuff on the street.
A guy I work with is expressing an interest in guns. Among other things I urged him to learn the law first and foremost and to take a class. I also turned him onto NES and told him I learned more here than everywhere else put together. The stickies alone are a gold mine.

Not keeping up with the laws = going to prison in this state. Additionally ff you're not up to speed on the laws, and don't want to make an effort to become such, then you're really not responsible enough to own a firearm. Like them or not, we all have to live under them and obey them and ignorance is no excuse... So say the judges that hand down sentences anyway...

Aside from these forums being ripe with complaints about the stupidity of some of the laws they're also ripe with examples of .gov enforcing them and making examples of people just like you. Your attitude means you could be the next guy we read about in the paper with an "arsenal" of "ghost guns".

I would say that before you manufacturer anything from that 80% lower, you need to manufacture a new attitude about firearm ownership. It's a right, but also a responsibility and should be taken seriously. Especially considering the consequences here... You should know the laws, and keeping current on the legal framework we live under should be priority #1 at all times - forever.

There may be some who willing choose to disobey some of the laws. Or they lost their "assault weapons" in a boating accident. But you can bet your ass they know the laws in every detail.

.....and FYI... under Maura's new edict if you do turn that 80% lower into a functioning AR - you will have violated her interpretation of the assault weapons ban and will have committed a felony... One which carries a rather harsh prison stint. You will be in possession of a post-ban assault rifle. That's how she will see it. That's how law enforcement will enforce it. That's how prosecutors will prosecute it. That's how judges will sentence for it... That is the reality of the laws today. Furthermore, they will see/argue in court that your manufacturing from an 80% lower is a conscious and concerted effort to circumvent the ban. Meaning you'll most likely receive a very harsh sentence. Maybe even the maximum.

So ya know - it's a good idea to go post your plans on a public internet forum that law enforcement and Maura's office are known to frequent from time to time. That's why people here are so cynical about your post. It reeks of an entrapment trap.

This response should be the end of the thread, you won't find a more clear and concise answer than what ThePreBanMan said.

Just read what now?

What is a FA-10? Sorry. I don't know as much as I probably should about these things.

I'd like a gun without a SN because I'm sure someday in MA they're going to be knocking on doors collecting firearms. It's just a matter of time.

"What is a FA10?" you say? I call

[bs2][bs2][bs2]

When I find a hobby and there's a lot of laws attached that could land me in serious trouble in find I do one of two things- either spend the time and make sure I don't run afoul or just find a new hobby.

This post reeks of irresponsibility at best, and bullshit more than likely.

I took the class as a requirement for the LTC.

There was no class in the early 80's

Somewhere along the line I discovered it was a requirement and I was like... What?

It's probably for the best to require it, but still, it's an infringement and should be mandatory. Perhaps the state could bribe us to take the courses instead, by offering free ammo?

Otoh, I've known a lot of shooters over the years that obviously took the state safety course and some of them... Well... One wonders how they passed...

Mostly agree, except no way is she enforcing her BS edict on the peons. Too risky.

Back
Top Bottom