• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost gunners again...

Not illegal per the letter MGL. But her interpretation of the MGL. The 80% itself is a paperweight until you finish it and not a firearm. The issue is when you complete the lower and file a FA-10 in compliance with MGL whether or not she's going to send minions after you as the test case.

Just read what now?

What is a FA-10? Sorry. I don't know as much as I probably should about these things.

I'd like a gun without a SN because I'm sure someday in MA they're going to be knocking on doors collecting firearms. It's just a matter of time.

If you manufacture anything in MA you must file a FA10 with a serial # (which must be engraved on the firearm) which is the same form filed if purchasing from a retailer or doing a personal sale/transfer. Failure to do so is a felony.

Just read what now?

What is a FA-10? Sorry. I don't know as much as I probably should about these things.

I'd like a gun without a SN because I'm sure someday in MA they're going to be knocking on doors collecting firearms. It's just a matter of time.

You've been a member here for three years, just heard about Maura's unilateral legislation and don't know what an FA-10 is? I assume you live in Mass or you wouldn't be asking about Maura...

Have I got all that correct?

Are you familiar at all with the term LTC or is that one new to you as well?

I get that not everybody knows everything at all times. I get how MANY people completely missed Maura's mental breakdown. But you must have learned SOMETHING about gun laws in Mass just by reading stuff here if nothing else...

If you manufacture anything in MA you must file a FA10 with a serial # (which must be engraved on the firearm) which is the same form filed if purchasing from a retailer or doing a personal sale/transfer. Failure to do so is a felony.

Serial number is NOT required when you personally manufacture a firearm. You DO have to file the FA10

I'm not fanatical about knowing all the laws and the ins-and-outs of everything about guns. I like to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, but I'm not interested in keeping up with every little aspect of Mass gun laws. When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws. Our forefathers stated that we have the right to keep and bear arms. That's what is important to me. I keep them in a safe with locks on them. When I transport them I keep the in the locked compartment of my truck. That's all I can remember.

Anyway, it sounds like you have to file an FA-10 form, and you don't need to provide a serial number on the form. I'm surprised they don't require that the serial number is listed on the FA-10 form.

I'm not fanatical about knowing all the laws and the ins-and-outs of everything about guns. I like to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, but I'm not interested in keeping up with every little aspect of Mass gun laws. When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws. Our forefathers stated that we have the right to keep and bear arms. That's what is important to me. I keep them in a safe with locks on them. When I transport them I keep the in the locked compartment of my truck. That's all I can remember.

Anyway, it sounds like you have to file an FA-10 form, and you don't need to provide a serial number on the form. I'm surprised they don't require that the serial number is listed on the FA-10 form.
Wanna keep your guns? You'd better start getting fanatical. Sheesh have the last 3 years taught you anything? Oh and hey go green for f#cks sake.

She didn’t attempt it she did an end run around the statutes on 7/20 2016.

If you like you guns and gun rights you might consider being more active.

Bob

Just read what now?

Eeew, what you said.

Serial number is NOT required when you personally manufacture a firearm. You DO have to file the FA10

This. I eFA-10'd a .308 AR built from an NES group buy 80% lower. I'm no longer a MA resident. It has no engravings on it. I believe I put n/a on the form.

This was pre-Healeyban.

Ymmv. Yada yada.

And you can't manufacture one for anyone but yourself unless you are a licensed manufacturer.

I did read the laws when I took my LTC class. The problem is there's so many of them and they are contradictory. Everyone in the class left feeling very uncertain about how to actually follow the laws. A lawyer couldn't even make sense of them.

I have gone to the state house and protested anti-gun laws... Granted it was probably 10 years ago or more. I have a full time job and hobbies. Keeping up with all these laws that these liberals pass could be a full time job in itself. I work for a living. I don't have my whole life to follow Maura Healey around and try to figure out what her hair-brain is going to do next. Not to rant, but this state is completely corrupt. Even Republicans in this state aren't Republicans. Look at Charlie Baker. He's not a Republican. He's a dem is sheeps clothing. Democrats have completely taken over the Republican party. Mitt Romney wasn't a Republican either. Dems infiltrate EVERYTHING in this state. Don't get me started on NPR. A public radio station, that is actually a left wing radical terrorist cell. How do they get away with this?

Last edited:
I did read the laws when I took my LTC class. The problem is there's so many of them and they are contradictory. Everyone in the class left feeling very uncertain about how to actually follow the laws. A lawyer couldn't even make sense of them.

I have gone to the state house and protested anti-gun laws... Granted it was probably 10 years ago or more. I have a full time job and hobbies. Keeping up with all these laws that these liberals pass could be a full time job in itself.
Welcome to New England gun ownership

Just read what now?

Seems legit.
b7a.png

Yep any day now, as I've been hearing here (in MA) literally since the early 1990s![rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom