Getting started

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
hey guys,

i stumbled in to this forum a little ways back and i found it a little interesting. my grandfather was in to all kind of radios and such and now living in his old house i have found a few radios in the attic (i imagine if i take a look around i'll find more, lots of junk up there) i figured i would look into what it takes to get up and running and any started info on what HAM radios are all about etc.
i know absolutely nothing, so i figured the group of guys here are always helpful with everything else, this should be the place to start.

thanks for the help guys.

if i get a chance i'll hit the attic and pull down a radio or two to list some model numbers for you guys. thanks

hey guys,

i stumbled in to this forum a little ways back and i found it a little interesting. my grandfather was in to all kind of radios and such and now living in his old house i have found a few radios in the attic (i imagine if i take a look around i'll find more, lots of junk up there) i figured i would look into what it takes to get up and running and any started info on what HAM radios are all about etc.
i know absolutely nothing, so i figured the group of guys here are always helpful with everything else, this should be the place to start.

thanks for the help guys.

if i get a chance i'll hit the attic and pull down a radio or two to list some model numbers for you guys. thanks

Take some pictures. The first thing you have to do is get licensed.

Here's a great place to start reading.

Back
Top Bottom