garand matches

hi everyone,
are there any up and coming matches for the m1 out there? i know there was one last week, but I had to compete in a club fund raiser shoot. i really would like to at least practice with some individuals who are into the m1, as I am a recent owner and would like to learn more from some people who have alot of experience with them.

You can use your M1 in any NRA-sanctioned Highpower Rifle match. Most likely you will need to wait for spring, as most are done for the year. But there might be some more informal shoots over the winter.`

I think most of the Highpower events in this area are over for the year, but I've been wrong before.
I believe that WSA and Reading shoot highpower indoor/outdoor all year long -- they both have range buildings that allow you to be indoors but shoot at the outdoor range through open doors.

I believe that WSA and Reading shoot highpower indoor/outdoor all year long -- they both have range buildings that allow you to be indoors but shoot at the outdoor range through open doors.

If you want to shoot just off-hand, you can come down to Old Colony in Pembroke on Sundays and shoot in the 200 yd. Winter Matches from a heated house. $2 a target and an M1 can be shot in two classes. PM me for more info if you'd like.
CJC

Holbrook is having a CMP/DCM match tomorrow (Sunday 11/26) at 9:30 AM. It is open to the public and you may bring you own Garand or borrow one of theirs.
A postal match is shot individually in your own time and on your own home range. The targets are then mailed to a central authority for scoring and compilation.
Two systems are used. One, the targets themselves are provided by the match director and are usually numbered.
The other method is in the form of a sticker you paste to the rear of your own target in the middle of the first scoring bull. This shows you shot the target by breaking the sticker. They are both ultimately an honor system as you may find a way to cheat. But this defeats the entire purpose and in my experience cheating is unknown at the higher levels.

mike

Back
Top Bottom