• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FYI: MA residents who work in RI

Hopefully not a dupe (I searched).....

"Bay Staters who work in Rhode Island could cash in on new tax ruling"

http://m.tauntongazette.com/wkdTGazette/pm_32196/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gfFXk7DA

"eligible taxpayers can look forward to the following maximum-allowed credits: $707 for 2008; $840 for 2009; $694.80 for 2010; and $759.20 for 2011"

"as it pertains to tax year 2008, the DOR suggests that Bay Staters respond quickly.

That’s because the statute of limitations for requesting a credit against ’08 taxes is this April 15, two days prior to this year’s normal tax-return deadline."

Hurry, DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lived in MA and worked in RI till Dec 2007. I thought it sucked that I was forced to pay RI TDI, couldn't claim it on taxes and if I had got injured on the job, wouldn't get the benefit. Little late for me but glad that they are giving credit for it now.

Hopefully not a dupe (I searched).....

"Bay Staters who work in Rhode Island could cash in on new tax ruling"

http://m.tauntongazette.com/wkdTGazette/pm_32196/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gfFXk7DA

"eligible taxpayers can look forward to the following maximum-allowed credits: $707 for 2008; $840 for 2009; $694.80 for 2010; and $759.20 for 2011"

"as it pertains to tax year 2008, the DOR suggests that Bay Staters respond quickly.

That’s because the statute of limitations for requesting a credit against ’08 taxes is this April [STRIKE=undefined]15, two [/STRIKE] 13, FOUR days prior to this year’s normal tax-return deadline."

Hurry, DJ

FIFY, DOR has a "strange interpretation" of due dates on an amended return. It has to be "received" by a DOR employee ON/Before April 15th and if the 15th is a weekend or holiday, it must be in the hands of a live person at DOR BEFORE that date, not the next business day (as accepted practice by IRS and every other business transaction out there!). [NOTE: DOR had the law changed to do this. Filing a regular return only has to be postmarked by April 15th or the next business day . . . it's only amended returns that get treated differently.]

Trust me on this, DOR STOLE $12K from me due to these exact circumstances a few years ago. That was an expensive education that I don't want to see others repeat.

MA DOR are thieving Bastards. Beware!

Back
Top Bottom