• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fun at the plinking range

My little brother and I had a great time yesterday at Cape Cod Fish & Game, at the plinking range. Shot my Sig Mosquito, P238, Ruger 10-22, Henry Survival rifle, and the husband's .22 bolt action.

Little bro is a pretty good shot, but man, with that 10-22 you can hit every target EVERY time. It's gorgeous!

noah.jpg

Okay, sorry, can't get the image to show properly.

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
That's cool! It was a great day to be outside!
I'm curious... Is the Henry (is this Ar-7?) Any fun to shoot? Novelty?

My little brother and I had a great time yesterday at Cape Cod Fish & Game, at the plinking range. Shot my Sig Mosquito, P238, Ruger 10-22, Henry Survival rifle, and the husband's .22 bolt action.

Little bro is a pretty good shot, but man, with that 10-22 you can hit every target EVERY time. It's gorgeous!

View attachment 107152

Okay, sorry, can't get the image to show properly.

Sorry you can't fool us, you tried the new anti gravity range.

The 10/22 is what got me hooked. Went out in the desert with my uncle and cousins. Came back here and started the ltc process.

It's the Henry Survival Rifle. It all breaks down to fit in its butt stock, which is waterproof when closed. You can just toss it in a backpack or in your bug-out bag and forget about it until you need it. It's pretty nice to shoot, decent sights, and fairly accurate. I really like it.

That is the current AR-7. Armalite designed and made the first ones. I believe Charter Arms
bought the rights after Armalite. There was another company that bought the rights from
Charter Arms then sold them to Henry.

I have two Charter Arms Models. Both have a Mitchell Dress up Kit on them. The kit has a
telescopic stock and a vented barrel shroud. The First one has a Scope rail with a 3-9 x 40
scope on it. I also have a few 15 round Mags for them. I was going to buy the 50 round teardrop
mags, but they were pulled off the market about that time for feeding problems.

Malodave

Here it is with my gen 1 Glock 17:

img_3545web.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom