FU EBay!

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
I'm freaking steamed at EBay, earlier in the week I listed some Hogue AK grips for sale and kept getting red flagged for writing 'AK or 7.62x39" in the description, basically to let potential buyers know that it wouldn't fit AR style rifles, finally I give up and just run them as Hogue Grips, whatever.. So today I list a Magpul Zhukov Stock for sale and have no issues until a few hours later I get a message from EBay stating my account has been suspended for violating their assault weapons clause! I lost lost my mind because I freaking bought this stock off EBay last freaking year, then I do a search for the Zhukov Stock and sure enough I see several for sale so again I lose my mind and call EBay to speak with a customer service rep and she tells me I made a violation and there is no way around it, she also told me that I was reported by someone. I informed her that I actually bought the stock off EBay last year and before I called I did my own search and saw several for sale, she encouraged me to report the listings so they can be removed, I basically told her to F off and hung up. Sorry for the rant but I'm ripping mad

Ebay sucks. Years ago I used it a lot, but I closed my account over a year ago. I had several bad experiences with sellers and Ebay refused to let me leave negative feedback. What good is feedback if only good remarks are allowed?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Prohibited:

Parts or accessories for assault weapons. Listings that mention capability with an assault weapon, even if the part or accessory fits non-assault weapons, are also prohibited.

I once tried to list a muzzle brake but it was flagged for removal.

I would suggest you try to escalate the situation and explain that you didn't realize you broke the rules.
I know you are pissed but attitude is everything. People in Maylasia have no idea what the AWB is so don't bother trying to explain it.
Nobody over there is going to want to help you if you are angry.

Their view is that any AR or AK is a Assault Weapon. They care not if pre ban.

I just tried now, entered a search for "AR15" and then selected the "rifle parts" filter. They are listing rails, sights, slings, tools, repair parts kits, firing pins, etc. So they're certainly inconsistent in implementing their policy.

I had my ad pulled when I tried to sell my magpul OD green AK stock and hogue handguard earlier this year. (I still have both if anyone's interested)

But they left my AK bayonet ad up for the week it was listed until it sold, no problem.

I guess in their minds plastic stocks are more dangerous than bayonets.

I just tried now, entered a search for "AR15" and then selected the "rifle parts" filter. They are listing rails, sights, slings, tools, repair parts kits, firing pins, etc. So they're certainly inconsistent in implementing their policy.

yup, somehow some people get away of selling their stuff, maybe they flag based on your location

Same thing happened to me a few years ago whne trying to sell some SKS parts. When I said other vendors are selling the same stock and components Ebay gave the same response. When I went back and looked closer those vendors had high sales numbers. I think Ebay enforces its policy based on sales #s and policy. Big # sales and they look the other way. Vendors could also be reporting as suggested.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I had a sale of a ten round magazine taken down for violating their assault weapons rules.

Nothing new. This inconsistent crap has been going on since the VA Tech murderer bought his magazines on eBay. You can blame him for this shit.
You should be selling to your fellow members on NES

Ebay sucks. Years ago I used it a lot, but I closed my account over a year ago. I had several bad experiences with sellers and Ebay refused to let me leave negative feedback. What good is feedback if only good remarks are allowed?
It's probably effin worse if YOU are a seller. People can screw you over completely and it can take months for eBay to "rectify" your $$ loss, if they even deem you worthy of receiving your $.... Years ago they were pretty cool and if you were the seller they gave you SOME benefit of the doubt but now they don't give a rat's ass about anyone unless your one of their Mega-Sellers or whatever the hell they call their "big guys" these days.
The little guys can stand in front of a speeding Acela train, for all they care. You simply don't matter, period. It's (eBay) truly a metaphor for everything else in the US today... The rich getting richer while anyone who's not rich can just watch their lives, their business, their family etc evaporate. As long as eBay and their investors are $atisifed with their monthly balance sheets? You, the "little guy", can go literally eff yourself.

I'm freaking steamed at EBay, earlier in the week I listed some Hogue AK grips for sale and kept getting red flagged for writing 'AK or 7.62x39" in the description, basically to let potential buyers know that it wouldn't fit AR style rifles, finally I give up and just run them as Hogue Grips, whatever.. So today I list a Magpul Zhukov Stock for sale and have no issues until a few hours later I get a message from EBay stating my account has been suspended for violating their assault weapons clause! I lost lost my mind because I freaking bought this stock off EBay last freaking year, then I do a search for the Zhukov Stock and sure enough I see several for sale so again I lose my mind and call EBay to speak with a customer service rep and she tells me I made a violation and there is no way around it, she also told me that I was reported by someone. I informed her that I actually bought the stock off EBay last year and before I called I did my own search and saw several for sale, she encouraged me to report the listings so they can be removed, I basically told her to F off and hung up. Sorry for the rant but I'm ripping mad

Never sell any weapon type stuff on eBay.

she encouraged me to report the listings so they can be removed

That's Ebay logic.

They wouldn't let you use Ebay Bucks on smartphones a couple of years ago. Oh, you could PRESS the "use Ebay Bucks" button, but it would default to charge the entire transaction to Paypal.

3 calls. Same result. "Well, go buy something else. Yes, you can't do that and it clearly looks like you can. Tough. Just go buy something else. Even if you don't want anything. Because those Ebay Bucks will expire if you don't."

They are terrible to deal with. I reluctantly sell with them every so often. It's a rarity for sure.

ebay is PRO buyer and ANTI seller. it's always been and always will be.

as of ~2 years ago, my policy is absolutely zero ebay or paypal purchases. none. ever. i insist on purchasing directly from vendor. these middle-man services are a financial cancer.

There is a very good reason it's called "Evil"bay. I used to use it a lot for the first couple of years it was around but no more...it's impossible to tell the real from the counterfeit on there any longer.

I had an antique S&W billy club removed and I got the same notice. I called.... got no where.... you can buy a GD Samurai sword but not a 2 foot stick? f'ing morons.

Back
Top Bottom