Frommer (Femaru) P37(u)

I had the opportunity to pick up a couple of Nazi-era foreign manufactured pistols recently.

The first is a Hungarian Frommer P. Mod. 37 from the Femaru arsenal, designated by Germany as the P37(u). The initial design for the pistol was in 9mm kurtz (.380 acp). But the Germans required the 7.65X17mm (.32 acp), and had a thumb safety added to the design. The first contract of 50,000 units had the slide marking of jhv over 41. Early acceptance marks are Eagle/58, or WaA58. Later acceptance was WaA173.

Mine is from early in the second contract, of which only approximately 30,000 could be delivered, and marked jhv over 43. It's still in very good condition at 90-plus%. The magazine is correct for the contract, but it is 37 units away from matching.

Pics, enjoy, and thanks for looking.

-Matt

ycrnot0l.jpg

2fnI8eLl.jpg

sziLNvxl.jpg

gFJOUvll.jpg

E1Expy6l.jpg

wXNrVsbl.jpg

qgbqDQVl.jpg

VpowJAvl.jpg

lkaxnOwl.jpg

NPsk2Stl.jpg

4gUaTVyl.jpg

Qz66Goml.jpg

ri1Dsx6l.jpg

yTRZVj7l.jpg

6PLibOel.jpg

SdFG7iul.jpg

That is a nice Femaru Martin.. nice pick up. That is on my list Big time.. need to get together for a Spring Shoot... how about European small caliber pistol? We can compare the Stop, the M24, the M27, the Ortgies, the HSc, the Mauser 1910 and 1914, the 38H etc. etc... you get the idea. :0

That is a nice Femaru Martin.. nice pick up. That is on my list Big time.. need to get together for a Spring Shoot... how about European small caliber pistol? We can compare the Stop, the M24, the M27, the Ortgies, the HSc, the Mauser 1910 and 1914, the 38H etc. etc... you get the idea. :0

Sounds like I need to stock up on .32 auto!

Back
Top Bottom