From another forum I frequent

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
"In the new edition (March 2007) of POLICE, a law enforcement magazine, a recent survey of the readership of the magazine reports overwhelming opposition to gun control.

Without retyping the entire article (I tried to get it on line but could not) 88.2% of those surveyed did not believe tighter restrictions would increase or enhance public safety.

One other area of interest was - If a gun ban were passed and if so ordered, would you assist in confiscations where the owners had previously met all legal requirements. 65.7% stated that they would not. This is significant in that they could lose their job for failure to follow a lawful command.

The entire survey can be found in "The Briefing Room" as well as an editorial in the same issue that is very supportive of lawful citizen ownership."
----------------
This sounds good to me !

One other area of interest was - If a gun ban were passed and if so ordered, would you assist in confiscations where the owners had previously met all legal requirements. 65.7% stated that they would not. This is significant in that they could lose their job for failure to follow a lawful command.

I'm sure there are many LEOs that support private gun ownership and are against a ban, but I don't blame them at all for not wanting to take part in a confiscation sweep. I'd take my chances with the average ganster punk with a gun anyday over trying to take them from a pissed off licensed gun owner who knows how to use one.

While that survey is encouraging, actions speak louder than
words. I don't exactly see a ton of LEOs who went down to NOLA that
didn't confiscate guns. I'm sure they are out there but we may not have
heard their stories yet. It is too bad that the NRA couldnt find some of
them and do the "voice changer blackout" thing and get some of their
responses.... it would be a powerful message- if even those in the LE
community are opposed to such confiscations.

-Mike

"In the new edition (March 2007) of POLICE, a law enforcement magazine, a recent survey of the readership of the magazine reports overwhelming opposition to gun control.

Without retyping the entire article (I tried to get it on line but could not) 88.2% of those surveyed did not believe tighter restrictions would increase or enhance public safety.

The entire survey can be found in "The Briefing Room" as well as an editorial in the same issue that is very supportive of lawful citizen ownership."
----------------
This sounds good to me !

Yea, but 34.3% either said yeas or didn't respond, which might as well be interpeted as a yes. Actions speak louder than words. I stopped going to another forum because a cop ( moderator too ) said that the guys were just confiscating guns to make sure they were gonna be safe. What did they have to worry about with a old lady that was barely 105 lbs soaking wet?

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom