Friends or burdens?

WRT the Wormtown water issues - one of the funniest "moron in the street" clips from the crisis reporting was about the horror of no Dunkies being able to make coffee ... this woman came out and said, "They didin't even have hot chocolate!

[laugh]

Chin - what do you mean - did you wife say, "come on over, we have plenty"?

I think you have to decide now who is in and who is out. It will alleviate argument in the future. I told the wife to tell the in-laws we wanted gift cards to storeable food companies for Christmas this year. I got a sideways look, but told her if there's ever a SHTF scenario, they'll be the first ones banging in the door. Might as well pitch in now. The worst thing would be standing at the door with a loaded firearm arguing with your significant other as to who makes the cut.
As for friends, we have fewer that prep than don't. They're less urban than us, and have agreed as a couple to have us come there. They know we won't come empty handed and its an easier location to defend from. They're the only ones who know how much I have. I like to keep it that way.

The real problem is getting them to work for their keep. For real.

Also, who put you in charge? (Because someone is sure to ask.....) These are things that you need to think about, if you're forming a communty....

The coalition of Glock, Remington, Armalite, Springfield, et al. But seriously, anyone I take in will know that I'm in charge until things get settled down.

Last edited:
WRT the Wormtown water issues - one of the funniest "moron in the street" clips from the crisis reporting was about the horror of no Dunkies being able to make coffee ... this woman came out and said, "They didin't even have hot chocolate!

[laugh]

Chin - what do you mean - did you wife say, "come on over, we have plenty"?

Ya but it wasn't drinking water It was water from our pool for toilet flushing. I have one of these to make it drinkable.

http://www.dealsergeant.com/product...cy-water-filtration-kit-w-bucket-adapter.html

I get the same "i'm heading to your house if SHTF" as the OP and most here from close friends and family. Although i'd like to think i'd be the brutal warlord that i've hoped to become for so long I don't foresee myself not trying to take care of a friend i've known for 10 years or longer even if they don't have any apparent survival skills or preps to bring to the table. Like others said there can be a use for them. After all someone is going to have to cook, do laundry, go get water, watch the kids, etc while the rest of us alpha-males are shooting things and being bad-ass! Damn straight i'm not walking 1/2 a mile to get water every day! In a true long-term SHTF scenario I don't see any way that I could possibly do all that needs to be done properly with just me and my wife. I think in these cases we'll all have to have our own micro-communities just to get by.

I know that I posted it in a tongue-in-cheek manner, but if one is planning on "teaming up" with others, especially from outside your immediate family, an "org chart" should be discussed.

While we bad-ass alpha males [laugh] are out killing enemies to make the world more peaceful, those cooking and doing laundry will be getting resentful that they never get to go anywhere.....

Think of where you work - what percentage of the Indians think that they could do the Chief's job, and better?

When you're the Chief, and the Fit has Hit the Shan, the water-cooler grumbling will have more significance, unless you're the only one with weapons.

Now, I'm not saying that you will have to exercise your brutal despotism from day one, but the chain of command is an important consideration.

Back
Top Bottom