• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Greenhouse purchase or build?

I erected a Hoklartherm Riga V several years ago. It is a bit costly but the construction is rock solid. I read about similar styles on Harbor Freight and there were complaints of high winds sucking off panels. Ours has been through heavy snow, ice, and very strong winds that destroyed other things on our land and the greenhouse was untouched. I love it. They are made in Denmark. If you thumb through the pics you can see they can take some heavy snow.

Mfg webpage

Some lumber and a partial roll of clear poly I had hanging around. Got three seasons out of it before the sun and wind got to it but it was a goid use of extra materials.

If I ever build a larger one I'm going with a real 20-30 mil cover and a shade that can be adjusted.

We are planning to build a three sided greenhouse off the back of our garage, probably in the 8 ft x 10 ft range and something along the lines of this:

TUFTEX-Greenhouse-Deep-South-Homestead-1.jpg

Lowes sells a Tuftex Polycarb panel that seems to do well with the temperature range and snow load for our area but I've been leaning towards the double walled panels you see at greenhouse supply stores.

Lowes Tuftex Polycarb panels

Doublewall panels

We are planning to build a three sided greenhouse off the back of our garage, probably in the 8 ft x 10 ft range and something along the lines of this:

TUFTEX-Greenhouse-Deep-South-Homestead-1.jpg

Lowes sells a Tuftex Polycarb panel that seems to do well with the temperature range and snow load for our area but I've been leaning towards the double walled panels you see at greenhouse supply stores.

Lowes Tuftex Polycarb panels

Doublewall panels
I like that design.

Back
Top Bottom