Friday and Saturday

Gonna try and kick up a pheasant Friday.

A lot of the guys I work with are telling me it's not cold enough to try for deer yet.

I'm torn. I either want to go for ducks in the morning and pheasant later, or sit on my stand again.

They've tagged an unbelievable amount of deer so far this year. If it's too warm for them, someone forgot to tell the deer.

Hell, the deer are everywhere! One was standing in the middle of Rte. 6 in RI Sunday night! Came back home yesterday morning ~8:30AM and one deer was standing 20' away on the neighbor's lawn, another one was ~150' away in another neighbor's yard.

I'd much rather sit on my stand, but since there are only 2 days left of duck season, I owe it to the dog to get her out there. Maybe dixidawg will be kind enough to let me tag along if he goes for pheasant Saturday. I searched for quite some time for access to Crane today, and came up with nothing.

Cut that girl some slack! She is still a baby. A little bit more exposure to birds and she will be unstoppable. You got yourself a keeper there [smile]

Good (but wet) morning. We flushed up a few birds but never pulled the trigger. Flushed them in the thick stuff and never got a good look at them. That's what keeps you wanting to come back again.[wink]

I just got done combing Molly. At least 4 dozen ticks. [sad]

Cut that girl some slack! She is still a baby. A little bit more exposure to birds and she will be unstoppable. You got yourself a keeper there [smile]

Good (but wet) morning. We flushed up a few birds but never pulled the trigger. Flushed them in the thick stuff and never got a good look at them. That's what keeps you wanting to come back again.[wink]

I just got done combing Molly. At least 4 dozen ticks. [sad]

I combed Maggie when I got home. I only found 4 more. I most likely missed a few due to her color, but I think that spray helped. Then again, you don't pick up as many ticks when you're in Daddy's pocket all morning.

i've been going out for squrilles and rabbit. nailed a mixed bag of rabbit,pheasant,quail and squrille wendsday. i needed a nit cap and shooting gloves that morning because it was chilly.

im hunting fri and saturday for turkey! i may bring my bow out for deer too, unless i get one fri then ill deer hunt sat

Back
Top Bottom