• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Free Guns

JonJ

NES Member
Free Guns!

Nope. I lied.

Now that I have you attention here's a clarification and reminder of some of the classified rules. The rules should be read by anyone who posts an ad or responds to an ad.

Most of the moderation of NES happens in the Classifieds Forums. The classifieds are a high traffic area and a major PIA just because people won't or don't read the rules. Some Mods will delete the body of an ad and lock it with a “Rules Violation”. They're nice for doing that. I don't do that anymore. I just delete ads. If your ad was deleted, go read the rules and repost the ad. Don't ask a Mod as why it was deleted. We like to the read the other stuff on the board too.
Here's a link to the rules: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71880

There's a template in that post. Use it and you can't go wrong.

The 2 biggest reasons that ads are deleted is because your LOCATION or LEGAL DISCLAIMER is missing. Use the the template.

SEVEN. That's the number of days you have to wait before you can bump your ad. SEVEN is the number of days you have to wait no matter who made the last post. The number is SEVEN.
Here's an example: An ad is posted on the 15th of the month. You can bump the ad SEVEN days after that which happens to be the 22nd! Not the 21st.

Edit your original ad for adding pictures, adding items, removing items, lowering the price etc. Don't add posts to the thread. This keeps the thread clean and will keep you out of trouble with bumps.

If you made a post in a thread and it mysteriously disappears it's because it was deleted. Don't post it again. It'll only be deleted again. Bumps included. I've done this 3 or 4 times with some people. It gets to be a game with me because I can see someone sitting there thinking how they posted something 3 times but it always goes away for some reason.

Extraneous posts. This includes but is not limited to wannabe lawyers, price complainers, general thread crappers and envious people with no money. If you're not seriously interested in the item with money in the palm of your hand, butt out.

Use I-Trader. Do not post your dealing experience in the ad. It'll be deleted.
Don't haggle in the thread. Make your initial contact and then take it to PM, email, telephone or whatever your favorite form of communication is
Don't make stupid offers. This includes insulting low balls and offering something someone doesn't want.
Example: WTB Glock 22. Don't offer a Glock 17.

Member's Classified Forum. The Member's Classified Forum was created for sellers to offer items to members before they hit the general classifieds and to offer members a “special” deal. The Member's Classifieds was not created to give you extra exposure for your item. If you're not offering a deal to members, your ad will be deleted from that section.

Cross posting and posting in the right forum. All firearm related WTB/WTT ads should be in the WTB/WTT Classified Forum. If you post a WTS but you will accept trades, post it in either the WTS or the WTB/WTT forum but not in both. Always include a price if your are selling an item. An ad with no price will be....yup you guessed it, deleted.

When your ad is no longer wanted, add a post stating delete, sold etc. Also edit the title of your ad reflecting this. It makes it a whole lot easier for us to take care of the thread.

By following these rules and hints, you make the Mod's job a lot easier.

Thanks!

If a person asks for a clarification or additional information, is it acceptable to answer in a new comment without waiting 7 days, or should you answer only by editing your initial post?

If a person asks for a clarification or additional information, is it acceptable to answer in a new comment without waiting 7 days, or should you answer only by editing your initial post?

Totally acceptable and edit the OP. By editing the OP you'll help your sale so people don't have to wade through a bunch of posts for the info or ask the same Q.

Almost Monty Python style! [laugh]

Then shalt thou count to seven, no more, no less. Seven shall be the number thou shall count, and the number of the counting shall be seven. Eight, shall thou not count, neither count thou six, excepting that thou then proceed to seven. Five, is right out. Once the number seven, being the seventh number be reached, then ye may bumpest thy thread.

So even after posting this stupid thread in 2 places someone bumped their ad for the 4th time since the 20th. 2 times today!

SEVEN

After seeing 2 pages I was still hoping for info on guns.[grenade] Maybe I just was hoping to have a thread to use the goofy grenade smilie.

Totally acceptable and edit the OP. By editing the OP you'll help your sale so people don't have to wade through a bunch of posts for the info or ask the same Q.

ok i need a clarification on this clarification.

some people, myself included, only check a thread when they/i notice, by the changes in the title, that a thread has been updated. now if i ask for more info and the op can only answer by updating the op, that does not change the thread title on the list page, correct? so i need to start checking the thread page itself if i asked for an update/info right?

or when you wrote "Totally acceptable" did you mean it was ok for the op to answer by posting AND/OR it would help to change the op?

now i finally get it, you can only bump on the 7th and 10th days of the month!! [smile]

PS i did not start reading this to get free guns! i was totally prepared to offer .10 for each one [grin] actually i thought they would have already been gone by the time i got a chance to post [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom