Free Americans Buy 10,800,000+ Guns in 2011

I bought my first 2 guns in 2011. I'm expecting to buy at least 2 more this year, provided I can get a job after graduating [grin]

This is just the kind of data we need to show other countries. That way they will think twice about trying to invade the US. We can all load up 1 round in each gun bought in one month gun and kill your whole army.

Made me think of this quote:

http://davekopel.org/2a/OthWr/Target_Switzerland.htm

When the German Kaiser asked in 1912 what the quarter of a million Swiss militiamen would do if invaded by a half million German soldiers, a Swiss replied: shoot twice and go home.

The only guns I bought last year was an FS2000 and five K31's. I've been slacking. But I consider myself an early adopter for contributing so much during the pre-Obama gun buying spree - plus my safe is full and I need to find space for another one.

I had 7 last year, really had that 1st year LTC itch. Already have 1 more for this year! I will slow down a bit this year, focus on saving for the higher ticket items on the list!

The US population is 311 million or so. The way I see it is we got a long way to go.

Last edited:
I was thinking something like if 1/3 of the population just bought one gun. Now that would be a satisfactory number. Ya I'm a glass half full type. : )

I wonder how many individual people bought guns in 2011. It seems a quarter of those 10mil were purchased by NES members.

Sent from behind enemy lines using Tapatalk.

I wonder how many individual people bought guns in 2011. It seems a quarter of those 10mil were purchased by NES members.

Yep, this has been debunked by the Brady folks. It turns out that all 10.8 million were bought by the same guy, and since he already had guns, there is no net increase in gun ownership.

That is a lot of lead and other raw materials and you wonder why we are paying so much for Ammo these days? And I see no let up in sight because if you are like me you think to yourself that when the liberal news media reports that some guy is stopped at the airport with “1000 Rounds on him”.. that dude was almost out of ammo?
[laugh2]

[laugh2] that's what I was thinking! It would really be something if that was almost 11 million new gun owners, but my sense is that most of those were bought by people that already own guns already.

[laugh2] that's what I was thinking! It would really be something if that was almost 11 million new gun owners, but my sense is that most of those were bought by people that already own guns already.

If its 11 million guns, I'd love to know how much ammo was purchased :eek:

Sent from my battery draining Evo using tapatalk

Yep, this has been debunked by the Brady folks. It turns out that all 10.8 million were bought by the same guy, and since he already had guns, there is no net increase in gun ownership.
... and in other news, Ping reported record sales in golf clubs on December 23rd, second only to sales on black Friday. Said the Tennis lobby "We believe that the Tiger Woods' mishaps are frightening existing golfers into hoarding more and more clubs, and our statistics show that lots of Americans don't like golf and would really rather play tennis, really."

Don't think anyone gave credit to the gun salesman of the year......our hero BHO!

ps.......I did my share this past year and look forward to contributing faithfully again this year.

Back
Top Bottom