• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Free Americans Buy 10,800,000+ Guns in 2011

NES Member
Keep up the good work

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/01/04/free-americans-buy-10800000-guns-in-2011-dont-f-with-usa/
So what does 10,800,000 look like?
The guns purchased by American men & women in 2011 is more than one gun for every active duty military member in the worlds fourteen largest armies combined.

Russia Russian Federation 1,027,000
North Korea 1,106,000
South Korea 687,000
Vietnam 455,000
India 1,325,000
China 2,285,000
Iran 523,000
United States 1,468,364
Republic of China 290,000
Brazil 327,710
Pakistan 617,000
Egypt 468,500
Cuba 49,000
Ukraine 129,925
Above Total = 10,758,499
*Source Wikipedia: http://tiny.cc/tl4d8

Good! Hopefully 2012 will make it to 12 million....

Imagine what that # would be if it included private transfers.

I am guessing this number does not include people that build the guns from parts. Or do they count it as a gun when you buy the receiver? example: 1AR lower sale=one gun sale?

I am guessing this number does not include people that build the guns from parts. Or do they count it as a gun when you buy the receiver? example: 1AR lower sale=one gun sale?

This number based on the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System

I would think it does include any frames purchased or transferred through an FFL.

Someone won the Internet for 2012 already... Dammit...

article said:
...because if you are like me you think to yourself that when the liberal news media reports that some guy is stopped at the airport with “1000 Rounds on him”.. that dude was almost out of ammo?
[laugh]

This is just the kind of data we need to show other countries. That way they will think twice about trying to invade the US. We can all load up 1 round in each gun bought in one month gun and kill your whole army.

The logistics alone would stop anyone from landing troops in the U.S.

Getting soldiers from England to France was a major PITA, let alone get millions of soldiers over 3K miles away and re-supplying them, against a country like the U.S that can defend its coast and the air.

Back on topic:

Does this include C&R guns?

I did my part as well.

Its a good start!

Just think how many the government gave away.

This is just the kind of data we need to show other countries. That way they will think twice about trying to invade the US. We can all load up 1 round in each gun bought in one month gun and kill your whole army.

Yup, you would have to be a complete donkey if you thought you could invade us and stand a chance. Even a country like China or India would be screwed as "There would be a gun behind every blade of grass".

Get anything you want now, before the election season rolls around. If it looks like Obama stands a chance I expect a repeat of the 2008 gun rush.

Personally I'm disappointed with the number of guns I bought last year. I only bought a BodyGuard as a summer pocket carry gun. I did however make a New Year's resolution to shoot more, buy more guns, and have more fun. I might have to host an open carry BBQ......and I'm definitely planning to host a Central Mass NES Golf Tournament

Bought all three of my first personally owned firearms last year; hopefully there is an AR build in my future (depending on the funds...)

Back
Top Bottom