• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Franklin Armory Introduces Short Barrel ‘Firearm’ With Standard AR Stock and ATF Approval*

Jesus man, I never said I was going to buy the gun or that I liked it, I said that it doesn't matter if this gun is shitty because the people who will buy it are the video gamer wannabe Call of Duty Black Ops/SEAL Team 6 members and they'll have a totally tacticool pseudo machine gun that's legal and it'll make their tiny dicks hard.

Franklin Armory is a company and a business and they're making something that's going to sell and make them money.

What I like most about this gun is it skirts around the legal definition of rifle and means it can have any length barrel. I have no use for an SBR other than a 9mm SBR with a 10 inch barrel, so I have no interest in the gun itself.

What I do have great interest in is a non-NFA Short Barrel Shotgun with a buttstock. Hopefully somebody will crank one of those out and I'm not talking about the Shockwave with a pistol brace.

Haha, sorry I wasn't grouping you in the target demographic (which I think you probably nailed on the head) and I am cool with anyone selling/buying anything they want. This is very much in the "not-for-me" category. I guess I get carried away in "speaking my truth" president Oprah-style. :D:D

I am also right there with you about the shorty non-nfa not-shotgun with a brace. That would be a pretty sweet unicorn.

Last edited:
B. The overall length is greater than 26". I'm not an SBR expert. Some state that if a rifle has a barrel <16" but an OAL > 26" when extended it is not an SBR. I have not been able to find ATF terminology that confirms this theory. Nor can I confirm that OAL is determined when the stock is extended.

I don't feel like digging around on the ATF site to find the page again but... Their stated way of measuring a firearm is to,

Fully extend the stock.
Place the gun on a table with the stock squared up against the corner of the table.
Then measure from the edge of the table to the end of the barrel/muzzle device.

That is exactly the process they spelled out in one of their documents I read about 2 months ago.

I didn't find the other document that spells out the process but this at least confirms the stock extended part...

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download
NOTE: One version of the Marble’s Game Getter was produced with 18-inch barrels and a folding shoulder stock. This model of the Game Getter, as manufactured, is not subject to the provisions of the NFA because it has barrels that are 18 inches in length and the overall length of the firearm, with stock extended, is more than 26 inches.

Last edited:
The secret is out.

4 MOA at 50 yards... what a let down

Franklin Armory's Reformation Revealed | RECOIL

4 moa is roughly a 2 inch group at 50 yds , no? So across any room in my house, even down the central hallway its good for 1/2 inch groupings, no? Even if it's 4 inches (industry guy needs to get terminology straight) at 50yds, it's still very suitable for home defense IMHO. Well... if I could have one that is.

4 moa is roughly a 2 inch group at 50 yds , no? So across any room in my house, even down the central hallway its good for 1/2 inch groupings. no? Even if it's 4 inches (industry guy needs to get terminology straight) at 50yds, it's still very suitable for home defense IMHO. Well... if I could have one that is.

May it be worth it for home defense, sure, but most likely not that well worth it at the price they'll be asking. I'm sure it won't be a "steal" even in free states.

Wonder what you get out of it for velocity. Obviously the short barrel is going to cost you some, but no rifling...hmmm.. less drag/ more speed....or less pressure/less speed ?

And the memes are popping up lol

27072534_10155502076934912_8357815468825230559_n.jpg

26908106_1562723277147520_6055817607567176522_n.jpg

26992766_10155502097144912_4579498026250340331_n.jpg

That's the big workaround? Yeeesh! Just pay the $200.

Well, or better yet, just build a "pistol" and use that arm brace wallhack instead, and you can still put a real barrel on it. (ignoring MA bullshit for the sake of discussion wrt fed law).

-Mike

Reformation

Nothing new lately. But if they offered uppers, I have to wonder what might be the ramifications of swapping one onto an existing AR? If they can produce a 1 MOA flechette, in 300BLK...

Back
Top Bottom