Franklin Armory Introduces Short Barrel ‘Firearm’ With Standard AR Stock and ATF Approval*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyp, Jan 11, 2018.

1. GoodWillHunting

GoodWillHunting NES Member

Haha, sorry I wasn't grouping you in the target demographic (which I think you probably nailed on the head) and I am cool with anyone selling/buying anything they want. This is very much in the "not-for-me" category. I guess I get carried away in "speaking my truth" president Oprah-style. :D:D

I am also right there with you about the shorty non-nfa not-shotgun with a brace. That would be a pretty sweet unicorn.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

2. Wrench75

Wrench75 Member

I don't feel like digging around on the ATF site to find the page again but... Their stated way of measuring a firearm is to,

Fully extend the stock.
    Place the gun on a table with the stock squared up against the corner of the table.
    Then measure from the edge of the table to the end of the barrel/muzzle device.

That is exactly the process they spelled out in one of their documents I read about 2 months ago.

I didn't find the other document that spells out the process but this at least confirms the stock extended part...

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018