Frame for a flag?

M1911

NES Member
I have my Dad's flag and am looking for a frame for it. He was in the National Health Service (part of the Department of the Navy) shortly after WWII, so we received a flag from DOD this Sept. after he passed. We have it folded up in the triangle as specified. Right now, the flag is on our mantle, but I'd like to find a frame it will fit into to protect it -- something that I can hang on the wall, preferably.

I was going to check with a local frame shop, but I thought perhaps some folks here have already been down this road.

My first choice would be contacting JohnFH to support a local NES'r. If however you just want to go grab one ... Target sells them for about $30.

I have also seen them at AC Moore, but Id go with a handmade version made by local craftsmen, but thats just me.

I have also seen them at AC Moore, but Id go with a handmade version made by local craftsmen, but thats just me.

+1 I've bought them twice at AC Moore as gifts for the flag recipients. Otherwise they're tough to find.

It's really a comforting gift to give to someone grieving a loss. Twice I visited with people after the funeral and they were very grateful to receive the frame. Otherwise the flag ends up collecting dust in a closet.

Back
Top Bottom